Anyone going to Haigh tomorrow? (Sunday)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey, I'd like to head out to Haigh this Sunday (July 26) and looking for a buddy, but I'll be rolling in late morning. Second time out to Haigh so I don't know anyone.

Steve

Steve,

I'm sorry but my GF and I planned to go to Wazee Lake for an overnight this weekend. If you let Tina know that you're looking for a buddy, she may be able to help.

--Peter

Hey, I'd like to head out to Haigh this Sunday (July 26) and looking for a buddy, but I'll be rolling in late morning. Second time out to Haigh so I don't know anyone.

Steve

Hi Steve, a group of us are heading to Haigh this Sunday. PM me if you are still interested in heading out there.
Barbara

Posted via Mobile Device

Hi Steve, a group of us are heading to Haigh this Sunday. PM me if you are still interested in heading out there.
Barbara

Posted via Mobile Device

Look at you sporting your new dry-suit!! :D

Well are you going to come out this weekend? You can see me in all of my dry suit glory. Or floundering about trying to get used to it. Depends on the dive.

This Sunday is the Jim Haigh Memorial Dive and Diver Appreciation Day. There will be reduced admission and $4 air fills. There will also be booths and a raffle to raise money for equipment for the Shedd Aquarium dive program. A live band will also be playing. It is always a fun day.

The Chicago Scuba Meetup will also be there, so look for our banner!

I forgot this was the memorial weekend celebration. Holy Toledo, its gunna be crowed and the viz if going to be insane. Guess I will spend some time at the deep hole just to stay away from the crowds. Gotta make sure my compass is in good working order.

For those who are going to be at the quarry this weekend, I will be with the Scuba Emporium crowd (ask Tina, she will know where we are) and I have bright pink scuba pro twin jet split fins. Come over and say hi!
Barbara

Well are you going to come out this weekend? You can see me in all of my dry suit glory. Or floundering about trying to get used to it. Depends on the dive.

I'm not sure, I don't have my zipper issue resolved as of yet.... :depressed:

Have you heard a recent water temp report(surface and say 40')????

I'm not sure, I don't have my zipper issue resolved as of yet.... :depressed:

Have you heard a recent water temp report(surface and say 40')????

Last Saturday surface temps were 72 degrees and around 55 degrees (could have been closer to 60 but I don't have my book with me) at 40'. At 25' the water temp was 70 degrees and at the deep hole rumor has it that the water temp was 42 degrees. I cant attest to that as I was not at the deep hole that day.

Put on the wetsuit and come on out! (You have a wetsuit right? I know the semi-dry blow a gasket on you) We will have a great time, as usual. Hell put the shorty on and we can weed through pea soup in the shallow side all day. I need to work on my buoyancy anyway. :D

So what is the deal on the semi-dry? Is it back to the manufacture yet?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom