Anyone diving the Comal Saturday?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I don't hear from Aquarena today, I might join you.

I'll be floating the Guadalupe, does that count?

HA HA ONLY IF YOU FLOAT FACE DOWN...you may be walking the guadalupe as low as it is....be sure to get a tube with a bottom in it your swimsuit will last longer:rofl3:

If I don't hear from Aquarena today, I might join you.

SOUNDS GOOD

the Comal was great had a fun time....we now have a few more Swamp Divers .... from the board txyaloo (Jeff) and Martha (Martha) and her husband Dan and a friend of mine who just got certified in Jan. Doug....Welcome to the Swamp....super time with great friends and divers :)

I was at the Comal, down by Texas Tubes on Tues. May 5th. Something I saw that I was curious about was that there were 3 divers, who seemed to be working side to side and looking for 'goodies'. What I found curious was that they were basically at the surface, with their tanks mostly out of the water, and still on their regs. I think that neither of the three had snorkels, and I just wondered why if they were mostly at the surface, why not use snorkels until they wanted to cruise the bottom - it would save a lot of air. I've been on scuba in the comal a few times, and once with only my spare air. I used my snorkel every time, though I usually hung along the bottom the whole time - with my alum 80's, they lasted a long time... Any info. on these diver's habit would be great. Also, are there a lot of divers working the comal after a busy tubing weekend ? Thanks...

the Comal was great had a fun time....we now have a few more Swamp Divers .... from the board txyaloo (Jeff) and Martha (Martha) and her husband Dan and a friend of mine who just got certified in Jan. Doug....Welcome to the Swamp....super time with great friends and divers :)

Woo hoo, I'm finally an official Swamper!!! Thanks Ann! It was great seeing you again. I enjoyed the Comal dive... too bad I didn't find that guys keys, I could've had a nice dive and come out $50 ahead.

I was at the Comal, down by Texas Tubes on Tues. May 5th. Something I saw that I was curious about was that there were 3 divers, who seemed to be working side to side and looking for 'goodies'. What I found curious was that they were basically at the surface, with their tanks mostly out of the water, and still on their regs. I think that neither of the three had snorkels, and I just wondered why if they were mostly at the surface, why not use snorkels until they wanted to cruise the bottom - it would save a lot of air. I've been on scuba in the comal a few times, and once with only my spare air. I used my snorkel every time, though I usually hung along the bottom the whole time - with my alum 80's, they lasted a long time... Any info. on these diver's habit would be great. Also, are there a lot of divers working the comal after a busy tubing weekend ? Thanks...

Maybe they were under weighted :eyebrow: I had to pick up a couple rocks myself to stay down on Saturday....who knows... I don't think there are any rules about having to stay underwater while on scuba :D

What I found curious was that they were basically at the surface, with their tanks mostly out of the water, and still on their regs. I think that neither of the three had snorkels, and I just wondered why if they were mostly at the surface, why not use snorkels until they wanted to cruise the bottom - it would save a lot of air. I've been on scuba in the comal a few times, and once with only my spare air. I used my snorkel every time, though I usually hung along the bottom the whole time - with my alum 80's, they lasted a long time... Any info. on these diver's habit would be great. Thanks...

Probably just felt the need to burn a tank and make bubbles..:cool2:

Hey, we got out at the end and ya'll were GONE! I still had 1700 psi left and was ready to go again. I think Jeff only had 800 left.
Anyway, I had a great time and lets do it again. Thanks for the invite.

Back
Top Bottom