Anyone been to Pleasant Lately? Is this the only local option?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

andresrumis:
well, I have been trying to get out to pleasant for a couple of dives but for one thing or the other I have been unable to do so, at least now I know that Im not missing much since the viz is so bad. Anyway, this year I will very much like to do the DAM dive!!!! so keep me posted
Andres
Let me know when you are planning to dive the old dam. I too would be interested if the vis is clear enough. Perhaps we could get a large group together and make it an annual event.

I was at pleasant yesterday morning at vista point, and the water level is certainly down about 20 feet. Visibilty was normal until you got past 50 feet then it was basically you had to be right on top of your buddy to see his fins. Not much to see, and this is probably one of the first weekends I haven;t found something at the lake, usually Ifind a snorkel/knife/sunglasses something.

Steve

aaen:
I was at pleasant yesterday morning at vista point, and the water level is certainly down about 20 feet. Visibilty was normal until you got past 50 feet then it was basically you had to be right on top of your buddy to see his fins. Not much to see, and this is probably one of the first weekends I haven;t found something at the lake, usually Ifind a snorkel/knife/sunglasses something.

Steve
Normal :11: , funny I dove the same site at the same time and I thought it equalled the worst viz I can remember (5-6' w/patches of 10'), the muck cloud hit us at about 40' and that's where we stopped. Was worse last Wednesday, when my buddy and I had planned on going deep, viz was inches (w/can light) at 65'; we thumbed the deep plan at that depth and made our way back to the 5' visibility. I really need to get back over to the county side, the extra $1 is certainly not worth it IMO. I don't know why everyone likes taking students to Vista; it's awful(ly boring).

-Garrett

DESERT EEL:
Let me know when you are planning to dive the old dam. I too would be interested if the vis is clear enough. Perhaps we could get a large group together and make it an annual event.
Uh it already is (or will be after this year), we have an interest list of about 20 right now, will be planning something this coming week. for mid Sept-mid Oct. I'll let you know, I got your PM w/phone on that other forum. Already a discussion started about it here (outside link).

-Garrett

Sorry when I say normal I should have said horrible conditions with bad vis, just so use to diving in that lake I am happy with 5-6 feet of vis. Yeah Edison and I thought we saw your truck, on the side of the road, we were over a bit to the west where you can drive right down to the waters edge and walk like 5 feet to get into the water, mind you alot of the students end up going there and you have to becareful of the boats. We actually headed off in yoru direction wher eyou guys were diving and ended up at the old tire at about 20' right by your dive flag.

Steve

aaen:
Sorry when I say normal I should have said horrible conditions with bad vis, just so use to diving in that lake I am happy with 5-6 feet of vis. Yeah Edison and I thought we saw your truck, on the side of the road, we were over a bit to the west where you can drive right down to the waters edge and walk like 5 feet to get into the water, mind you alot of the students end up going there and you have to becareful of the boats. We actually headed off in yoru direction wher eyou guys were diving and ended up at the old tire at about 20' right by your dive flag.

Steve
OH was that you guys, ya I was leaving as you were arriving, I would have drove over and said hey if I'd know it was you guys, I don't drive down that road, don't want to get stuck :D. -Garrett

Well the next time you see the blue tacoma hanging around feel free to drop on by and say hi, I am usually with Edison, just practicing some skills and fooling around a bit. I am usually hanging around or lurking around at the lake on the weekends though, unfortunately I won't be for two weeks due to having to go home to renew my visa and work commitments, :( . Ah well such is life.

Steve

broncobowsher:
There is a sunk helicopter in Sagauro lake.
There is (was?) a Jeep Cammando in Canyon lake
Can't remember which of the lakes has the bug-eyed Sprite in it, but a fishing friend told me they found it years ago.

Personally Pleasent is way far away and my boat is too small for that rough *** lake. So far I ahve only been to lake un-pleasant once.

The helicopter in Saguaro is accessible by boat only. There's also a bus there, but it's been deemed too dangerous to dive by the PSD folks (that's why those 2 were placed there in the first place).

I never heard about the Jeep in Canyon.

I've been to most of the other lakes in Arizona and besides Mohave and Mead, there are no other lakes really worth diving. Bad visibility all around. It seems you need a large, deep lake with lots of dam activity to get decent visibility.

Dive-aholic:
I never heard about the Jeep in Canyon.

Lets just say that the Jeep wan't placed there intentionally. I have heard about it for the past 10 years or so. Story behind it was something involving a rather intoxicated young lady in the middle of the night...

Interesting....so that's probably a shore accessible dive.... :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom