Anyone been to Pleasant Lately? Is this the only local option?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rudebob

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was thinking about making a dive out to Lake Pleasant this weekend. I want to practice up on my skills a bit before we head out to Mexico in a few weeks. Anybody have any thoughts on the conditions this time of year? The reports lately are sporadic at best and most have indicated low viz with little to see. However, I was out last Friday morning for a wakeboarding session and the water actually looked pretty clear near the launch area (east side) so I thought it might be worth a try.

Also, does anyone have any other ideas for areas to try besides the desert tortoise or scorpion bay areas? I have even thought about taking the boat out if I knew a good place to go. It is a ski boat but I figured it would still work if I anchored it remotely and put out a float. I just need to find a place that might have some vertical terrain and out of the main weekend boat traffic.

One fiinal question. Why does everyone go to Pleasant? It seems like even a lot of folks on the east side of town dive there when the salt and verde river lakes are so much closer. Are there any other lakes worth exploring?

Thanks

‘Bob

All the other lakes have poor, very poor vis. Less than 5ft...sometimes less than 2ft... Pleasant has some good area's to shore dive and some good depth.... Lake Mohave is also a good lake to dive...

You can do a boat dive on pleasant on the diver down...not bad at all...

I just posted a dive report here, basically conditions suck.

Never dove any of the other lakes; Pleasant is closest to me and from what I hear pretty much the only one worth diving. Plenty-o-other sites if you have a boat, I don't so can't tell you exactly where they may be, I know the 1702 marker is a deep wall dive, some of the smaller coves up north are interesting, you can find lots-o-crap on the bottom.

-Garrett

well, I have been trying to get out to pleasant for a couple of dives but for one thing or the other I have been unable to do so, at least now I know that Im not missing much since the viz is so bad. Anyway, this year I will very much like to do the DAM dive!!!! so keep me posted
Andres

Hi Andres...I am in the same boat...may be we can get together for a dive in the near future.... Things I hope will slow down a bit soon!!!!

I was up at Canyon lake last week on a friend's boat. I brought my diving kit just for fun. Viz was less than a foot. Water was warm, though.

Let me look at my schedual... I will send you a PM later!!!

There is a sunk helicopter in Sagauro lake.
There is (was?) a Jeep Cammando in Canyon lake
Can't remember which of the lakes has the bug-eyed Sprite in it, but a fishing friend told me they found it years ago.

Personally Pleasent is way far away and my boat is too small for that rough *** lake. So far I ahve only been to lake un-pleasant once.

I dove just off one of the coves to the side of 10 lane, and the vis about 7-10ft to about 20' deep, and then it went to nothing. It was bad 3-4 weeks ago, but, not as bad as it now.

I am guessing the water is about 20' down from what it was two weeks ago.

We'll see how it goes tommorow! Now if I could just find my dang knife that I lost there three weeks ago.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom