Anyone been to Pleasant Lately? Is this the only local option?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess my son and I will go out tomorrow morning. I was actually thinking about taking our boat up the lake to maybe find some clearer water but if it looks like rain and/or wind I will likely just try another shore dive from one of the typical spots. We'll see what happens.

'bob

Andres and I went out on Burro Island this morning and did a couple shore dives... Vis was from 5-10ft...and in some places it opened up to nearly 15ft...
We were able to find one of the sink holes and saw some fish... Not bad...but I do miss Scorpion Bay!!!

Tried vista point this morning. Viz was poor-maybe 7 +/- at depths of 12 - 20' beyond 30' it was less than 3'. Had to keep the dives shallow but the air lasts a long time that way.

However, the lake was beautiful this morning. Very calm and not many people out for a Sunday. I think I saw more divers over off desert tortoise road than I did fisherman today.

If you can stand poor visibility it is a relaxing dive. Neutral bouyancy and 89 degree water make for a pretty low stess experience-you could almost take a nap (until you gasp on that last breath :11: ).

All in all it was O.K. if it is all you got, but I think I will wait until the temps start to cool down to make another trip out again.

'bob

Back
Top Bottom