Anybody else pissed Fantasia won American Idol?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can't believe I'm responding...

Any "popular vote" contest which allows the voters to vote as many times as they want (including computerized auto-dialing which can result in thousands of votes) is in my mind 100% complete and utter bunkum.

That literally millions of people get all spun up about "America's Choice" and the el-stupido comments about "racism" etc. which followed some of the competitions this year just fueled my belief that this whole thing is crap.

It is sad that some phenomenal talents are discovered only to be dressed-up in matching "Brady Bunch/Partridge Family" jumpsuits for a final night of really bad choreography with the TV "cheez" setting turned fully to the right.

57 channels and nothing on...

What we need is a "Diving Channel". Then we could be spared from the other garbage. Although, I would have to watch "24".

Not racially motivated, I couldn't watch the end of the season. Fantasia's voice, to me, was so irritating. I have no problems with those that like her, but I just don't get it. I doubt anybody will know who either one is in 5 years anyway. Being on the West Coast afforded me the benefit of hopping online 3 hours early to find out the results so I didn't have to endure the show.

DeputyDan:
It appears that some folks need a life.

WHO CARES >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

It's just a topic tough guy. If ya don't like it, don't respond.

I only watch the first round or so when the poor singers are on, after that it gets kind of dull. Cant even recall who she was out of the line-up of hollywood destined people. Oh well, no great loss, i will now get back to my pile of work before vacation......... Why couldnt i have had a kid, dropped out of school and made it big singing??? :wink:

I'm like you, Sims, I like to watch it early on when the really bad ones are on there so that I can hear what Simon would say about me without my having to bear the embarassment . . .

I'm pissed that people actually watch that crap!!!

Reality TV sucks. And most of it is staged anyway or at least cast in a way that makes it so far from real life.

Also when this whole reality TV thing exploded with the first Survivor and everyone mad it out to be this BIG new cutting edge thing, MTV had already been doing it for 10 years!!!

LOL grunzster.
The reason I watched it is really simple.

I have been accused of being UnAmerican by my friends and family because I never watch TV.
I have never seen, Friends, or Dallas, or Cheers..or any popular Tv shows.
So my New Year's resolution for 2003 was to watch one show. That one show was "24".
Since Idol came on before "24" I got sucked into that too.

That's my story..as they say..

PS. I do think it's junk..but I'm trying hard to become an average American..

I can't believe it gets the ratings it does. I watched 15 minutes of one episode, looks like a remake of Ed McMahons talent search with attitude. It's on the news, in the newspaper, and on the scubaboard forum. I just can't figure out the appeal. One of the news shows says more people voted for Idol than the presidential elections.

Miss Natasha,
There is not such thing as "an average American"!
To quote the wonderful Garrison Keilor, "Well, that's the news from Lake Woebegone, where all the women are strong, all the men - goodlooking, and all the children -above average."

Fantasia has a great voice, but she has attitude... Diana has a much greater vocal range and a ton more of sweetness for an IDOL, not a 19yo single mom 11th grade dropout.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom