Anybody else pissed Fantasia won American Idol?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i just cant get over how many people are saying Fantasia is such a good roll model for our young kids. i'm sorry but i cant see it myself when she was a teenage single mother and admited on tv that she couldnt even support her child herself. IMO Diana should have won, we did vote for her every week, LOL we got in 8 votes for the final week.

steve

Fantasia is the better singer, Dianna is, what I consider, better material for an "Idol".
Just my opinion.

DivemasterSteve:
i just cant get over how many people are saying Fantasia is such a good roll model for our young kids. i'm sorry but i cant see it myself when she was a teenage single mother and admited on tv that she couldnt even support her child herself. IMO Diana should have won, we did vote for her every week, LOL we got in 8 votes for the final week.

steve

Actually, that's why I'm pissed she won. Did you also know that on the American Idol website it says she dropped out of high school her junior year? Yeah, great role model for all the kids that watch the show.

KidK9:
Actually, that's why I'm pissed she won. Did you also know that on the American Idol website it says she dropped out of high school her junior year? Yeah, great role model for all the kids that watch the show.

yes sir, thats telling all our kids that you can get pregnant, have a child, drop out of school and one way or another someone will support you and your child.

the only good thing i can see that will come out of that is being she won, our tax $$ wont be going to support her and her child plus anymore that she might have.

steve

Honestly, my son being the straight honest lil 16 month old music lover he is, really made me proud by mimmicing my thoughts without me having voiced a word. He clapped a little for Fantasia, but he really jammed out and talked and pointed and patted the TV when Diana was singing. He loved Ruben's skit with the R&B.

Personally - I dont Fantasia's voice. I thought Diana had much more depth and a clearer, cleaner sounding voice. Much more enjoyable to the auditory senses. She also had an immensly better personality being projected than Fantasia.

I wouldnt have watched it if my lil feller didnt dance to the music though. I figure its better him listening to and dancing to music than any of the other trash on evening TV...

The Kracken:
Fantasia is the better singer, Dianna is, what I consider, better material for an "Idol".
Just my opinion.

I agree with Kracken.

It's not really so much that her voice is better, it's that she has the charisma and presence on stage that gets the crowds going.
Diana was a little sweetheart, and extremely mature for a 16 year old. I'm sure she will also go far in life.

P.S. I watched every show..and 24 afterwards.

I think they both could benefit from some voice lessons.
Fantasia's voice is much too nasal and she relies, as do so many singers in this particular musical period, of running up and down scales in a effort to mask the inability to maintain a clear and steady note.
I think Dianna can use a bit of diction help. Her ability to hold a note, however, is excellent, along with her diaphragm control.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom