Any updates on requirement for negative Covid test to enter US?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lorenzoid

ScubaBoard Supporter
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
The last I read, there has been no announcement of any plan to drop the requirement for a negative Covid test result to enter the US, though airlines have been lobbying, and other countries have been dropping such requirements. I was about to buy some more Binax Now teleproctored tests, which worked great last trip, but figured I'd see if anyone has seen any news in the last few days.

I’m hoping it’s dropped, which is why I’m holding off buying the proctored test Southwest offers. Trip in early Aug.

I’m hoping it’s dropped, which is why I’m holding off buying the proctored test Southwest offers. Trip in early Aug.
I’ve been holding off, but trip is in two weeks. Oh well.

I’ve been holding off, but trip is in two weeks. Oh well.
I have a trip in 2 weeks also....and have already packed 2 of my free tests each for my wife and I. I'll buy the teleproctoring later, when it is clear I need it.

I have a trip in 2 weeks also....and have already packed 2 of my free tests each for my wife and I. I'll buy the teleproctoring later, when it is clear I need it.
How much "later"? I would think that if the US were to make an announcement that the requirement will be dropped, it would be an announcement of a date in the future--probably of an effective date a couple of weeks from then.

Thank you for the reminder to bring some of the freebie tests, too. I recall the discussion of their utility in another thread.

How much "later"? I would think that if the US were to make an announcement that the requirement will be dropped, it would be an announcement of a date in the future--probably of an effective date a couple of weeks from then.

Thank you for the reminder to bring some of the freebie tests, too. I recall the discussion of their utility in another thread.
I've been told by an MD friend that ALL "home tests" that have FDA approval can be teleproctored, not just the ones with all the advertising. I already knew my "free" ones could be telproctored with Azova, but in addition Observed Test for Travel - Rapid Test & Trace USA claims to teleproctor any FDA approved test, for $20.

Still no end in sight for lifting the mandate to test upon return to the USA. I'm a travel professional and watch it, literally daily.

Based on the way that the current leadership act has acted so far, there will probably be no notice. Either a court order will be required or they will just up and decide to end with no notice.

I dont understand comment about paying later for teleproctoring. I see the Binax Now Ag card kit costs money to buy but thought we just used the phone app to submit for results. Does that cost more money and do we have to do more than that?

I see the Binax Now Ag card kit costs money to buy but thought we just used the phone app to submit for results.

There are some tests, like the ones provided by the government, that don't come with proctoring.

Back
Top Bottom