Any Travis reports?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shaggie and I were at Windy Point public on Tuesday and the vis was about 5 ft down to the thermocline at 60 ft.

Under it, the vis improved dramatically. (down to 115 ft, our max depth)

I dove Bob Wentz park yesterday. About 5-6 foot vis down to the thermocline at 70 feet. Cleared up below that, maybe 12-15 feet. Be prepared to backpack a long way to the water at Mansfield Park. Lake level is 646.4. No fires aloud at any of the LCRA parks due to the fire ban. Have a safe trip and have some great dives.

Ok, I forgot, the bottom was at 126 roughly...

The bottom of the first jail/cage ends in the mud at 126, is that what your saying? that can't be, or is the lake really down THAT low?

Went to the dam this afternoon,swam along the bottom past 2 or 3 of the cages.Max depth when I put my hand on the silt was 129 feet.Temp was 58.

Yes it really is that shallow ! 2 platforms are completely out of the water.

iarn33 was saying you can park on the shore (former lake bed!!) over at the WP public and walk right into the lake and work from your vehicle....just stay within the parking cones!

Back
Top Bottom