Any reasons to not buy Deep6 Signature regs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I sold all my non-Deep6 regs and replaced them with Deep6. I have something like a dozen first stages and a proportionate number of seconds.

That said, the only reservation in the back of my mind has been that small-ish companies may not have the longevity of larger companies. I recall all the fans here of Deep Sea Supply, which suddenly closed when the owner decided to do that. Great company, great products, legions of SB fans, and then ... gone. As for Deep6, I like that Landon has taken over the reins, and Chris is apparently still there somewhere in the picture, but what does the future hold? Are there plans for continuity? This may be irrelevant to me personally, as I am an older diver and won't be diving for decades and decades longer. Also, nothing guarantees a larger company will be around "forever," either. Scubapro, sure, not going anywhere. But others--who can say. On the balance, though, I'd say the benefits of going with Deep6 far outweighs the tiny risk.

I have been happy with high quality Deep6 regs and very happy with helpful and caring service from the company. Full disclosure, I am a polite person, so if a customer is rude, they should go elsewhere, because these guys will take no sh!t.
I have three full reg sets and some spare parts. I want to take service class but i have not found time yet.

Orange? People may think you are a Tennessee fan. Or Okaloma State. Or worse, Texas if they're a little dirty.

One concern I would have is where to get them serviced. I realize Deep 6 makes the manual and parts available, but not everyone wants to do it themselves. I sure don't! The vast majority of shops and widely used regulator service centers (I use Airtech in NC) do not service Deep 6 regs. Just something to consider.

One concern I would have is where to get them serviced. I realize Deep 6 makes the manual and parts available, but not everyone wants to do it themselves. I sure don't! The vast majority of shops and widely used regulator service centers (I use Airtech in NC) do not service Deep 6 regs. Just something to consider.
You can send them directly to Deep6 for service.

The vast majority of shops and widely used regulator service centers (I use Airtech in NC) do not service Deep 6 regs.

I find this to be a non-issue. A lot of shops 'talk' about how "many shops won't service brand X", but they often follow it up by saying they will do it. I find most competently run businesses don't like to let $150-200 walk out the door, so they tend to want to service the customer.

When shops call us to say they have a customers reg that needs service, we help them out.

Also, a significant portion of shops send out regs for service by mail to service centers, and the average shop still takes a week or more to service regs in house.

When sent to us directly, we typically turn them around in 24-48 when we receive them, so most people have them back in a couple of days.

You can send them directly to Deep6 for service.

I find this to be a non-issue. A lot of shops 'talk' about how "many shops won't service brand X", but they often follow it up by saying they will do it. I find most competently run businesses don't like to let $150-200 walk out the door, so they tend to want to service the customer.

When shops call us to say they have a customers reg that needs service, we help them out.

Also, a significant portion of shops send out regs for service by mail to service centers, and the average shop still takes a week or more to service regs in house. When sent to us directly, we typically turn them around in 24-48 when we receive them, so most people have them back in a couple of days.

As to having a local shop service them, I long since stopped trusting local shops to service my regs. I want them serviced by people who are experts, do them a lot and know the regs they are servicing very, very well. All of my Aqua Lung regs go to Divetech and my Dive Rite reg goes to Dive Gear Express.

Sending it back to Deep 6 would be ideal! Didn't know that was an option. Given that, to answer the OP, I see no issue buying Deep 6 regs. I know they are very highly regarded and I'm certain that is well earned.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom