Any reasons to not buy Deep6 Signature regs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sunny_diver

Registered
Reaction score
Deep6 Signature regs get a lot of love on Scubaboard. I've never seen a reason to not buy them. Can anyone think of one? Have they given anyone problems?

Here is a quick list of reasons not to buy Deep Six:
  1. You're a shareholder of Johnson Outdoors
  2. You think Halcyon gear makes you a better diver
  3. You have an Apeks reg on your rebreather and want to standardize
  4. You're a working instructor for a shop that sells Aqua Lung
  5. Your trust fund pays out a substantial amount of money weekly
Five years later, still happy overall with my Deep Six regs though I will admit to oscillating back and forth as to whether I want to replace them with something else. That's probably less of a quality/functionality thing and more of a "I like buying dive gear" thing.

No reason at all. It's pretty much all I dive now, ocean tech, cave, etc. They perform great, and Deep6 provides great service.

Deep6 Signature regs get a lot of love on Scubaboard. I've never seen a reason to not buy them. Can anyone think of one? Have they given anyone problems?
Valid reasons not to buy Deep6

You currently are or intend to actively teach/work for a dive shop that is a dealer for another brand
You don't live in an area that Deep6 doesn't have an active distribution network

after that, no valid reasons. There are plenty of problems that I've had with Deep6 regs, including but not limited to. I don't like the color orange, people ask me many questions about what they are and if I like them, people ask me many questions about the self-service policies and I have to explain that the fear-mongering nonsense from the other manufacturers is ridiculous.
Oh, and some of the original first stages liked to spit out the sealing o-rings but that was fixed years ago.

I love my Deep6 regs, and have several sets. You can find posts from me going back years praising Deep6 (I also love their fins, and hope that their wetsuits come back some day!)

BTW, I'm trying to sell a friend's lightly used set of Deep6 regs, send me a PM if you're interested. They're not the Signature series, they are the collaboration with DiveGearExpress.

I have Deep6 regs among my reg collection for personal dives and love them, but for work (research) we standardize on one mainstream brand. The reason is we can easily swap out parts between reg sets and the local dive shops are used to servicing name brand regulators. But if they are for your own personal use, and you can get them serviced, no reason not to buy them. They are good regulators at a good price point, and you are supporting a small business instead of a larger corporation. However, I also think most recreational divers will be happy with almost any regulator on the market these days.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom