Any "new" diver heating ideas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OMG.... $980..... I'll stick to the sodium acetate heating pads for $10 thanks.

R..

My instructor researched a bit & built his own using a heated motorcycle vest, a dry plug-in port, a little wiring, wiring adapters & a LiON battery canister (the most expensive part) with the appropriate end plugs, for about $450- $500. He has the plug port set where it lays under the waist fold of his drysuit & the cord is also routed under the waist fold. It took a little creativity, but actually works quite well, when he has to dive to the bottom of our quarry (42* year round below 60 ft).

My instructor had tried out the DUI heating system at Dutch and although it may have been warm, it really needed to get the kinks worked out. There were two rather large batteries that had to be carried for it, and the were definitely cumbersome to carry.

From what it looks like, all the options have just about been suggested, and unless you are plan on using the little heating packs that are air activated, you are going to be spending over $500, and more than likely even more than that. I would just stick with some good Fourth Element undergarments, I can get a few sets for less than the heated vests.

Last edited:
In poland we have two types power supply of heating system. One is internal, and it is much lower price, than the other one, external. The vest with heating panels or wires is the cheapest part of this system (around 200$), so this one with internal battery cost less than 500$.
Santi system with big external battery cost about 1500-2000$

there is link to demo movie of santi product

system with internal battery

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom