Any Kentucky EMTs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hagan34

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Think I have finally deciced on a Career path and Im looking for some info. Found out some looking on the net but some info from actual EMT/Paramedics in the field would be great.

If it counts, I'm an EMT First Responder (the basement of the EMT ladder) & volunteer firefighter at the paper mill I work in. You might also want to contact Kris Tapp one of the owners of Pennyroyal quarry- Welcome To Ky's Beautiful Blue Springs Resort . Kris is a Paramedic & a lead public safety diver for his district. I'm sure Kris would be most happy to answer any questions you may have.

P.S. He's super busy, so it may take him a day or 2 to respond back to you.

I also was interested in becoming an EMT but unfortunately, Hopkinsville is inundated with them and the pay is really low. Clarksville, TN pays better but it can be hard to find employment after you put yourself through EMT school.

Louisville is hireing from what there web page said. pays not great but, its just a step to being Paramedic. guess im lucky in the point that im in a more populated area and there is more depmand for EMT-B/Paramedics

I'm not sure what you guys are looking for in the way of pay for being an EMT. Around Owensboro it starts at about $25,000 for an EMT-B & about $30,000 for an EMT-P (give or take a little). You're not likely to find much in the way of pay in KY:shakehead: (those folks certainly do deserve it), unless you also get on to a fire dept or such. If you contact Kris Tapp at Pennyroyal quarry, he can probably give you a better picture. He's been a paramedic around Owensboro, Dawson Springs &, I think, is currently in Madisonville.

I'm not sure what you guys are looking for in the way of pay for being an EMT.

Its seems that now i always am comparing pay to what i make in the Military, and worse yet overseas, but as for EMT-B pay louisville is pretty good.

My father-in-law is a paramedic here in KY. He is currently working at 2 ambulance services. He loves his job, but around here, they just don't get paid very much. (At least not in the western end of the state.)

I'm not from Kentucky, but I am a paramedic from Connecticut if you have any questions that I might be able to answer for you.

Shane

I'm also not from KY but have been a career Paramedic for 17 years and have spent the last 7 responsible for the hire process with our 100 medic department in Delaware. The EMS business varies greatly throughout the Country with volunteer organizations, career organizations (both private and personal), and every possible combination of both. Feel free to drop me an e-mail or a PM if you have any questions about the profession in general. I don't have any specific information about KY but may be able to give you some insight on the career in general.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom