Any interest Diving Austin Area next weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks like its gonna be a nice day for diving, 75 is the high. Guess im gonna try and get up early and leave by 7 tomorrow.

It's windy today, but supposed to lay down and be 78 degrees at Lake Travis tomorrow.

Thats what I know. A group of swampers will be out at Windy Point tomorrow, rumor has it diving is the in thing in Texas all year round.

I may dive wet its so warm out. :eyebrow:

Just a thought.

Shawn O.

It's windy today, but supposed to lay down and be 78 degrees at Lake Travis tomorrow.

Thats what I know. A group of swampers will be out at Windy Point tomorrow, rumor has it diving is the in thing in Texas all year round.

I may dive wet its so warm out. :eyebrow:

Just a thought.

Bring your drysuit just in case. 75 degrees in the sunshine...55 degrees in the water...Brrrr!:coolsnow: I know I'm divin' dry, but you know what a weenie I am about being cold!!

I was at Mansfield Park today. Dive 1 was in the cove over to the farside point. Usual vis of 1-2 feet down to 80 feet and water temp of 55 degrees. For dive 2 I went to the camping area and dove the dam. Same water temp, but vis was 3-4 feet down to 60feet of depth. At 61 vis went to milk and zero. Continued down to 70 feet before coming back up to above 60 to the better vis. It was nice to be able to see something! Hope Barstows is an improvement tomorrow for all of you.

Bring your drysuit just in case. 75 degrees in the sunshine...55 degrees in the water...Brrrr!:coolsnow: I know I'm divin' dry, but you know what a weenie I am about being cold!!

I'm bringing my drysuit:D

Just wondering what are some of yalls cars that are gonna be out there, so I know who to look for? Just got all my stuff packed up looking forward to the dives.

I hope you guys have a great time. At the last minute I had to cancel my plans for diving this weekend. Too many other items on the agenda this weekend.

Willie

Great day at Travis....weather was wonderful and lake smooth.

A total of 10 divers showed up all by 10:30am and each got in one or two dives.

Because of the varying times folks showed up there were several groups of divers going....not everyone got the opt. to dive with each other today....maybe next time.

We had a good group of divers from O/W to tech to instructor/DM, young and 'old'-:( , wet and dry suits, single and double configurations.

I think better than the overall diving today (vis 1-4ft.//water temp 56f) was just getting to put some faces with names and having a chance to visit with each other about diving and non diving....a lot of great folks!!!

Thanks to everyone for your warm welcomes and hope we can hook-up again!!

:wink:

I'll second what texdiveguy said. It was definitely fun to put faces and real names to everyone's SB name.

And yeah, the visibility wasn't much to talk about. John (k-valve) and I have been getting a lot of practice in zero visibility diving. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom