Any interest Diving Austin Area next weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great meeting and diving with you guys. Maybe next time I can get their on time and not get lost for an hour+.:shakehead: I definitely learned I need some practice in the Lake diving category. I felt like it was my first time in the water.

Remember....... 'Where's the BEEF?'

Now it's..... Where's the Shawn O.?

:eyebrow:

I hope you guys have a great time. At the last minute I had to cancel my plans for diving this weekend. Too many other items on the agenda this weekend.

Willie

Sorry you couldn't make it. We are planning to go back up there in late March.
We got in 2 dives on Saturday and 2 dives today. Temp was in the mid 50's. Vis was poor, about 4 feet max, and only inches at some points!

Hope to see you next time!

Carl

Sorry you couldn't make it. We are planning to go back up there in late March.
We got in 2 dives on Saturday and 2 dives today. Temp was in the mid 50's. Vis was poor, about 4 feet max, and only inches at some points!

Hope to see you next time!

Carl

What were you teaching and for which shop Carl..?

I saw a small group by a tent....was that you folks.....to be honest when I was on SI...'that' group was in the water....then reversed.....I hope I did not miss the opt. to say HI..was not aware you were at the lake...was that your large RV in the lot?

Hi, Alan.

I thought I saw you there yesterday on the shore, just as we descended for a dive. We were doing advanced nitrox and twin set check-out dives, for both diver and instructor. Vis was crap, so we will finish in late March. Some of us are going to finish up in Florida in a couple of weeks. Sorry I didn't get a chance to visit!

I saw a small group by a tent....was that you folks.....to be honest when I was on SI...'that' group was in the water....then reversed.....I hope I did not miss the opt. to say HI..was not aware you were at the lake...was that your large RV in the lot?

Yes, that was us.
When we returned from our dive and were de-kitting, you were already going up the hill to leave. We did stay in the RV, but that was one of the students'.

Yes, that was us.
When we returned from our dive and were de-kitting, you were already going up the hill to leave. We did stay in the RV, but that was one of the students'.

I feel bad I did not see you....I know at one point there was a young fellow sitting not in dive gear by the camp site,,,but you guys were probably diving.....I did not really pay any close attention to the other guys in the group....sorry I missed you it would have been a pleasure to say a few words. Yea for me it was a long day but nice meeting with a few new Austin folks from this site. I do wish Willie had made it down,,,heck of a nice chap, would have been nice to chat with him also, been a while since I saw/dove with him last. I got in little down time but it was a nice break from Arlington. Safe travels to you on your Fl. run....just seems like you were down there a month or so back.....you better move one of these days...it would be 'heaven' for you!! :wink:

No worries, there will always be a next time. I should have posted on here that I was going to be up there this weekend. Oh, yah, I was there with Lake Air Scuba this weekend. I will be in Florida for a month straight, teaching and diving nearly every day.:D
When I return, I have classes scheduled for Lake Travis in late March. Hope to dive with you again, soon!

Vis was crap, so we will finish in late March.

What you estimate vis to be in the range of at various depths? I did one deeper dive right off of the point at Bob Wentz Park and another shallower dive near platform 2 at Windy Point Park. This is what we had for vis:

Bob Wentz Windy Point
Depth Vis Depth Vis
0-30' 5' 0-30' 5'
30'-120' 3' 30'-95' 3'
120'-140' 1'
145' <1'

Water temps in the mid-50's.

On the first dive we followed the cables to a tree that has a line running from it down to the river bed. We followed the line and cables for most of that dive and were able to stay together.

On the second dive we were just following the terrain and ending up losing each other about 20 minutes into the dive even though we tried to stick close together.

I can imagine how much fun that would have been as the instructor to be teaching a class in those conditions.:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom