Any good shops in Houston?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

USCG flyer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey all, just dropped into Houston to do some training for the Airstation here, and I figured while I was here I should check out the local shops. Any choice places to hit? I feel a BP/W is in order.

Depends on what part of town you are in...we have multiple shops. :eek:)

My LDS: W. W. Diving
1307 First Street
Humble, Texas 77337 (Thats north Houston)
281-540-1616
www.wwdive.com

Another Fav is: Scuba Houston
14609 Kimberley Lane
Houston, Texas 77079 (West Houston)
281-497-7651

Hope that helps.
www.scubahouston.com

For discount pricing check out Divers Paradise in Webster. If your at the "Air Station" then you are at Ellington and only 10 min. from there. It is at Nasa rd. 1 (Nasa Pkwy) and I-10 in the same strip center as the Bally's and the Dollar Cinema. Right next to the Cinemark.
They can service about anything and have tons of equipment to rent or for purchase. They are about 20%-40% off MSRP on most stuff. Their main lines are Aeris (Oceanic), Mares/Dacor, Tusa, Tilos, H2O, and a some others.

Try Sea Sport Scuba, they have shops in the Woodlands, Westheymer and FM 1960 near 249. They are probably one of the better shops in town.

Thanks for the information folks! The following has nothing to do with any of you guys...
I took a trip to one of the shops. Spent several hundred on a BP/W, HID light and some other crap. Unfortunately for me, they didn't have all the parts I needed for the BP/W, so I was supposed to go back today. Called a few times, as my time in Houston is somewhat limited since I'm here working. The parts I'm assumming didn't come, but at least they could have returned a phone call. The stuff I bought was packaged so I wasn't as careful as I should have been, and there are a few things missing besides what I'm waiting for. I was sold a "Halcyon" harness, knowing nothing about the product (my own fault since I didn't research) I bought it. After looking at it online today, the harness I got doesn't look anything like what it should look like, and a phone call to Halcyon confirmed it...not genuine. The wing I bought was missing the LPI hose. I'm still waiting for my STA and Cam bands. The gentleman in the shop was nice enough, spent time with me and made me a good deal, but I have that "bad feeling" creeping in. I'm hoping I didn't do something I'll regret.

Wait they sold you a halcyon harness but it is not a halcyon harness? I am confused here. Do you have the ablities to post any picture of it? Maybe it was a mistake What else are you missing besides the STA and cam bands? DRings, Buckle, Tri-glides? If you dropped serious coin which you did for a Halcyon BP/W and a Canister light and you are not happy about it I would let the shop know? If you lost the missing parts fess up and buy more but the I would diffantly take issue with bogus harness. Trust you gut on the bad feeling it has gotten you this far. I would talk to the shop manager and try to get this straigtened out quickly. How long are you in the Houston area? Hope this helps and sorry I wish I could be more help

Have you had enough of being a schmuck yet? If so, take all the crap back and if they won't refund you, file a dispute on your credit card.

ReefHound:
Have you had enough of being a schmuck yet? If so, take all the crap back and if they won't refund you, file a dispute on your credit card.

Why is it recently every one has been able to put what I want to say in words? Recently it is has taken me two pragraphs to say what I should say in a sentence or two. LOL

Back
Top Bottom