Any fossilers wanna show off some photos?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

anyone pulled a slave tag outa the waters yet??? I have to say that would be the best find aside from a 8" or a 7"deformed or something like that....dont know why but I want a tag soooo bad

I have not heard of anyone finding a slave tag in the water but I have a friend that found a nice servant slave tag last year. He also found solid gold 22mm vest button. he found a really nice james type II projectile. beats my 4" confederate solid cannonball.

ya know they gotta be in the water .. The slaves worked the rice fields and im sure many tags was lost there and ended up in the water.. Most are copper or brass so they will survive the water over the years .

nice post Lee....im really diggin the West Bank Public ramp....looks like Cooper divin just in the Edisto....when are you thinking about heading out on your next adventure??

thanks Mud. i am looking for and wanting to purchase a good used jet ski trailer to stick under my canoe before heading out again. i want to load the canoe and shove it in the water and go. minimize the mucking around. i suppose i will go the next warm saturday or sunday that i find a jet ski trailer under my canoe

(BAS9) 1825 Servant Slave Tag A high grade tag on a large (50mm) square planchet. Last year of the Lafar stamp. Good color, medium brown with reddish tints in the protected areas from mud stains. Free from damage. Very pleasant surfaces and very strong lettering. I bought this tag from a young man who found it on the bottom of the Cooper River a few miles north of Charleston. He was scuba diving in about 50 feet of water and was looking for ancient shark teeth when he spotted this tag last summer. He wrote out his story to go with the tag. Excellent condition and superb eye appeal. Just about the nicest looking tag I've ever seen. Good scan but tag looks nicer.....available for immediate sale at........sold
slave 1.jpg
slave%201.jpg
(BAS9) 1825 Servant Slave Tag A high grade tag on a large (50mm) square planchet. Last year of the Lafar stamp. Good color, medium brown with reddish tints in the protected areas from mud stains. Free from damage. Very pleasant surfaces and very strong lettering. I bought this tag from a young man who found it on the bottom of the Cooper River a few miles north of Charleston. He was scuba diving in about 50 feet of water and was looking for ancient shark teeth when he spotted this tag last summer. He wrote out his story to go with the tag. Excellent condition and superb eye appeal. Just about the nicest looking tag I've ever seen. Good scan but tag looks nicer.....available for immediate sale at........sold

Some of the guys were showing off their finds one day last season on the ride out. I could not get over this green tooth. Check it out. Ignor the conversation in the background. It is about something else.

[video=youtube;yF7WJWIw3uk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF7WJWIw3uk[/video]

i think I have a green great white .. Im gonna go look for it and maybe post a pic . I sometimes forget what I have found until someone reminds me ..

DSC_2300.jpghere is the green one
DSC_2311.jpgand one of my favorite finds ... a complete lower horse leg
DSC_2312.jpgand what i believe to be a sloth knuckle
DSC_2310.jpgI think this is a smaller version of the vert. that mike posted earlier.

Ok Lee now your making me want to give up on the Cooper and go to the Edisto .. Me and Daniel are itching to get on the Edisto . The condition of the teeth look great .. Not bounced around like on the Cooper .. We are planning on doing a long weekend at the end of the month to do some divin . Maybe we can do the edisto one day and the Cooper the next .

I hate when you type out a nice long reply only to hit the wrong damn button and lose it.

I will not re-type it, I just do not have time right now but in a nut shell, my weekend is shot. I have to work and I have to go to my house I still have in Georgia to make sure all is still well there.

Talked with Phill for some time last night, sure is always a pleasure to talk with him, we all need to get out in the Edisto and mess it up~!!!!!

Lee, I was telling Phill that we need to go just down river about 100-200' from where we have been concentrating on. That was the original spot we dived when it was 14' deep and the current was ripping. We ended up aborting the dive at that spot due to the fact that no one could get set on the bottom. There were teeth all over and I found my largest shark vert before we stopped and moved up river.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom