Any fossilers wanna show off some photos?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Edisto river looks like it would be great for fossil hunting. The current appears to be just right for getting the silt out of your way when you have to distrube the bottom. Does the current get ripping like the Cooper?

Last edited:
A little off track but I saw others having trouble posting. Question? Am I the only one that has trouble posting anywhere on SB? Everytime I try my first post, it displays an error msg. and tells me to refresh. After I refresh I have to log back into SB and then it will let me post. I have got the point of having to copy and paste to ensure I don't have to type everything out again.

no problems here posting on my pc or on my ipad

Edisto river looks like it would be great for fossil hunting. The current appears to be just right for getting the silt out of your way when you have to distrube the bottom. Does the current get ripping loke the Cooper?

from what ive seen there isnt gonna be the ripping currents of the cooper...

Edisto river looks like it would be great for fossil hunting. The current appears to be just right for getting the silt out of your way when you have to distrube the bottom. Does the current get ripping like the Cooper?

It really depends where you are at. I have been in spots in the Edisto where I simply could not hang on period, and that is with a spike set in the marl. For the most part the current is good but not too bad. You will definitely need a spike or a lot of weight.

BTW, the teeth usually come out a chocolate brown color. Very nice teeth and the teeth get better from what I heard when you get into the ACE basin. I know Lee has been itching to get in there, I have been too. Matter of fact, I stopped by to visit a friend today after work to catch with him and pick up some things. Her dives almost exclusively in the ACE basin.

So, i stopped by a friend's house after work today and picked up a few things. Check this vert out and tell me what you think. Id this mammal?

A_vert.jpg

A_vert2.jpg

Some petrified wood
A_Wood.jpg

Now check this mako tooth out 3 1/8 long~!!!!
Atooth.jpg

Some other Makos
Atooth3.jpg

Atooth2.jpg

He also gave me this GW tooth, not my biggest GW but it is my best one now
Atooth4.jpg

hello papa crusher , welcome to the thread .. You a blackwater diver ?

Well Mike it is looking good on us coming down this weekend .. That plan could go all to hell in a day but as for right now its lookin good . Ill pm you with my number and maybe me and Daniel can come by and meet in person . It only takes us about 20 min to get to Mt. Pleasant from the house ..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom