Any fossilers wanna show off some photos?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The only negative I have read about with diving and the go pro is you need to change out the curved lens to a flat lens and then you'll be good to go.I was thinking back on the question that was asked if I sell teeth and I answered I do not and that is true but, I have been known to purchase teeth or trade teeth for ones I know I will never find. In one of the pics you see two Moroccan teeth and I purchased those because I do not think I will ever get to Morocco. I am still holding out that some day I will go to Peru and visit Machu Picchu and also made a trip to the desert to look for teeth with Roberto.

Mike, I believe that you are spot on about the lens situation. At first divers were having a very hard time with lighting effects. The camera did not do to well in extream darkness (Caves and Cooper for example). The additional lighting created new complications in that if near the surface you get a bright spot on the video and underwater in the darkness the same effect from the lights. To see some rather well shot video with the GoPro check this out: Diving Kitty Sink - YouTube#! This place is really nasty at times and I think that the video looks great. You may want to contact scuba geek either on his web site or thru The Deco Stop.

Oh, please don't get me wrong...I have nothing to say bad about selling and or trading. I collect coins as well and it simple gets down to if you are ever going to find one or do you just buy one for your collection. Been collecting all my life and to date have only held 2 1909 S VDB cent and never a 1914 of 1955 double die. So if I want them then I have to buy them. Much like our collections...they are not making any more. I was just seeing more and more fellow "fossilers" talking about giving them away. I felt that it was interesting. Take care.

DSC_2272.jpgDSC_2285.jpgDSC_2271.jpgDSC_2273.jpgDSC_2274.jpgDSC_2275.jpgDSC_2276.jpgDSC_2277.jpgDSC_2278.jpgDSC_2279.jpgDSC_2280.jpgDSC_2281.jpgDSC_2282.jpgDSC_2284.jpg

Here are a few more pics . these show a little more detail . Notice the twisted tip on one fourth and fifth pic. and the large path. on photo two . I also put some pics of some teeth that I have polished with my diamond wheels .. enjoy .

Attachments

• DSC_2283.jpg
    DSC_2283.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 232
It has been a while since i found a pipe stem or bowl. I like that orange GW you posted, really cool.

I thought about taking one of my beat up Mako's and polishing it up.

im thinking about setting up my polishing unit at the house in S.C. then I can polish teeth for people as soon as they get off the boat . I almost hate posting so many pics. I dont want anyone thinkin im bragin.

I almost hate posting so many pics. I dont want anyone thinkin im bragin.

Thanks for posting so many pics Richie. I am enjoying them. I especially enjoy them during the cooler months because I don't dive the colder water any more. As for selling teeth, I have sold a few. I find they do not sell quickly because they are collector items. Very different than selling something like precious metal.

Hey Mike... boiling water on Phils boat is "classic Phil".... cooking an alligator on Phils boat would not surprise me in the least... people do not say he is "colorful" for no reason. I am glad to hear the doctor released Phil to dive, although I personally know hell itself could not keep him off the bottom of the rivers. Phil will hunt fossils even if they tell him it is going to kill him. He cuts his own path and you will not find a better river guide. I think you will agree with me on this one. You know one really good thing about Phil is that he is not closed minded about diving virgin sites. He does prefer the comfort of diving sites he is familiar with. But, on occasion, he gets the desire to venture out into less known territory.

Thanks for posting all the photos Mike... you have some really nice finds. I am sure they represent many good memories.

im thinking about setting up my polishing unit at the house in S.C. then I can polish teeth for people as soon as they get off the boat . I almost hate posting so many pics. I dont want anyone thinkin im bragin.

Not braggin when you are sharing with others that share the same hobby. I say post up all the pics you want, the more the merrier. Honestly, I like to see what others are finding, I would love to see a canine tooth from a saber cat. I heard that a partial saber skull was found in the Cooper this past year but I have not been able to confirm this.

Thanks for posting so many pics Richie. I am enjoying them. I especially enjoy them during the cooler months because I don't dive the colder water any more. As for selling teeth, I have sold a few. I find they do not sell quickly because they are collector items. Very different than selling something like precious metal.

Hey Mike... boiling water on Phils boat is "classic Phil".... cooking an alligator on Phils boat would not surprise me in the least... people do not say he is "colorful" for no reason. I am glad to hear the doctor released Phil to dive, although I personally know hell itself could not keep him off the bottom of the rivers. Phil will hunt fossils even if they tell him it is going to kill him. He cuts his own path and you will not find a better river guide. I think you will agree with me on this one. You know one really good thing about Phil is that he is not closed minded about diving virgin sites. He does prefer the comfort of diving sites he is familiar with. But, on occasion, he gets the desire to venture out into less known territory.

Thanks for posting all the photos Mike... you have some really nice finds. I am sure they represent many good memories.

You know Phill is one in a million~! LOL

On a side note, I was thinking of getting a dive weight mold and take all this lead I have pulled up and start making another diver belt. I need to take this lead over a friends house and have him turn it into shot for me......that is if I can get him away from the bottle, lol

Back
Top Bottom