Any fossilers wanna show off some photos?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

really great photo from Brian of a genuine Mastodon. (as opposed to a full scale model)

59554_4693941660268_1117157758_n.jpg

Most all of these are from Venice. A few of the "chunks" or partials are from Peace river. But anything good was a Venice tooth. IMG_2168.jpgIMG_2171.jpgIMG_2172.jpgIMG_2173.jpgIMG_2175.jpgIMG_2176.jpgIMG_2180.jpgIMG_2182.jpg find.

Holy cow RC, that's what I call one GIGANTIC HAUL. Very nice collection indeed. How long have you been collecting? Is there any truth to the claim that the teeth (and I have found a few there) are found at 20 feet deep? I read one account that claimed if you go deeper, you will be wasting your time. Are you hitting the same places the fossil boats hit? or are you going southwards? Thanks for posting. Great collection!

ps: The Cypress Gardens fossil show is 2 weeks from yesterday. If you like the Grammys, they are one week from today

Last edited:
Alright Friends as Lee said a couple of days ago the Cypress Gardens Fossil Show is Feb. 16th from 10:00am to 4:00pm. This is a good show that you don't want to miss. My Son and Myself will have the best of our collection of 25 plus years on display. We will have on DarkWaterDivers T-shirts so do come by and say Hello. Hope to see you there....Joe

hunting sharks teeth is pretty much all about luck for me personally. some guys find more than others and seem to be better at it than others, and I attribute that to them "wanting it" more. i have developed a sense for where fossils will be found, and it is based on what one learns over the years. its funny that most of the time i come up empty handed but then on the next dive i will find an excellent 4" Meg and pristine 7" Mastodon tooth. It seems the thing that works best for me is persistence. dive on!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom