Any fossilers wanna show off some photos?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike I have not heard your mushroom anchor story yet, so save that one for the table and a round of beer. Looking forward to meeting you. Good luck! Oh I don't know Vinson.
Mike you said rivers down here. Where is down here? I'm out of Moncks Corner where are you?
Lee how about you? Phil if I remember right is around Eutawville.

Lots of really good info and pics in this thread. I'm going to Venice beach at the end of march for my first meg teeth dive. Hopefully after a few more dives and some training I can get into the rivers. Thanks for making me jealous of your finds.

Dwhite what part of Ala. are you from? I have some very good friends from Birmingham who are owners of a dive shop. They come this way 5 or 6 times a year to dive SC for Fossils and Artifacts. If you near that way you should look them up. Steve, Forrest, Spencer Phillips and Mark Tant of Southern Skin Divers Supply. Good Luck on your dive at Venice Beach and Safe Diving.

Yea. I just bought a reg from them the other day, and after I make up my mind I will be getting my bc from them as well. I actually saw a pic of Spencer in the early parts of this thread. I'm from Oxford, it's about 45 mins east of Birmingham.

Well Dwhite the next time you're in their shop take a look at their Fossil and Artifact collection. Alot of their fossils are from SC and they can tell you the WHAT and How to in looking for fossils. Good Luck.

We talked a bit about it. They have a nice collection. I had to leave early to meet the wife. I will definitely be back over that way though.

Lee pick a date and place that would be good for You, Phil and Mike and lets see who has the best stories. Looking forward to it.

I may be the least encumbered. My kids are grown and I am divorced. Most dates work for me. I am on James Island

Lots of really good info and pics in this thread. I'm going to Venice beach at the end of march for my first meg teeth dive. Hopefully after a few more dives and some training I can get into the rivers. Thanks for making me jealous of your finds.

Jamie Boswick claims this time of the season is the best time for fossiling Venice. The new teeth have become exposed and the winter has kept divers away

--------------------------------

---------- Post added February 13th, 2013 at 11:19 AM ----------

HAs anyone heard from Vinson? I am wanting to hit a couple of rivers down here but have not heard from him.

Nope. I tried four avenues. He may have moved and cut his ties

I can give you his contact info if you like Mike. I dont think he would mind.

Hey, Joe and Lee I hope to be at the show Sat. Looking forward to seeing you all. It,ll really be good seeing you and Matt , Joe I guess its been since last year! I really hope you,ll come dive with us on the Edisto this year, we,ve had a blast the last couple years ther. Not to mention quite productive, I,ve been getting upo to 200 hundred whole teeth per day. You and Matt need to come up to see my stuff one day. See ya Sat. Phill

my mind is wandering a bit today... back to an easy Saturday afternoon at one of Phils secret fossil sites

Kiddie Pool.jpg

i found the tooth on the right, in this very spot, underneath 10 feet of water

tooth.jpg

mucho fond memories, need to go back there on day

Got off work a little early today to start packing our stuff for the fossil show. Man theres alot of prep work for this show, but I do have a good time talking and meeting new people. Looking forward to seeing you too again Phil. I believe you're right ( last show ). Lee looking forward to meeting you, and Mike Please let us know how you are doing. I do plan to dive the Edisto some this year so hopefully we can meet up. We can talk about it at the show.

Back
Top Bottom