Any fossilers wanna show off some photos?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As always, great pictures of even better teeth. Anyway, I am trying to put something together for 3 of us. I'll send a PM but as for right now I am slated to take the family to Fla, DW.
On a side note, I have dove the Cooper several times but it has been a while. What suits are most of you wearing? Dry, 3 mil, 5 mil etc.

I took my family to DW many years back. WONDERFUL memories.

Tony I am using my 5mm wet jump suit tomorrow. I am thinking we are going to see 70 degree water. In the sun it will not take long to start cooking inside the 5 mil rubber suit. The cold water will feel good initially. It may get a little chilly after a long bit on the bottom. I am cold natured compared to some. I also always get water logged at 50 minutes and feel the need to dry out. Hard to explain, I just start feeling too watery. The water temperature is rising fast this year. I am guessing it has risen 5 degrees this past week.

I will be using a thin hood and gloves. I have tried to force myself to always wear gloves over the years for the protection from cuts and stings.

I will be using a UK (4) c-cell Led flashlight and my old HID Dive Rite canister light.... still working after all these years.

I am using 80 cube aluminum rentals and 24-28 lbs of weight. May toss some off as time passes

I will take a claw tool and a sifter. Don't know if I will use them. They turn into a pain in the side, literally, sometimes.

I will probably fan and crab, and scurry about, in front of the boat to get an initial lay of the land. I will then return to the areas that I liked best. We will have a warm sand bed to the left, fossil bed in the center, and hard pan and faster water to the right. We will probably be in 6 to 15 feet of water. Maybe 20 but I doubt it. If the viz is 2-3 feet and the rain does not hammer us, we should have a wonderful day

I am bringing a 7mm one piece and a 5mm two piece. I'll have a neoprene beanie for my bald head, lol only because I cannot find my hood no where~! LOL it is ok, I wore the beanie with Phill on New Years Eve in 50 degree water, you get used to it after your ears go numb, lol. I am going to try out my new stainless steel straps on my fins. I have a dive helmet I made with two 220 lumen Dorcy lights and I can say I am officially down 80 lbs from last years dive weight and I will continue to lose weight. I still would like to lose another 25-30 lbs and then I'll be all set.

I am taking the family down to Orlando on April 6th for a week before I start my new job in Savannah.

Hey Phill, how is the Cooper river dive looking for the 31st?

canoe outpost / peace river posting

536523_256637994426679_126962124060934_582998_1611499221_n.jpg

Debra Powell makes another land find / Venice Florida

563050_10150759079321514_661321513_11570645_1187143194_n.jpg

IMAG1069.jpgIMAG1070.jpgIMAG1074.jpgthese megladon teeth were from the potomac in march 2012 easy finding meg teeth in 2-3 foot water by fanning silt away water temps in 60 degree water. i try to go weekly. next is calvert cliffs.

Thanks everyone. I have dove it dry, 7/5 semi dry and a 2 piece 3 mil (after about 400 dives, it is more like a 1-2 mil).

AeroMike, Scubadaddee, and I fossiled the Edisto river here in the South Carolina back country, yesterday. i for one surely like that old back woods river. It is very isolated, serene, and beautiful. We had some disappointment with an couple of un-productive sites, some fast water, a hard to navigate underwater tree, and some late afternoon steady rain. We did not find a lot of fossils this trip but we had a good outing that i really enjoyed. We are zero-ing in on a couple of sites that will produce for us. We plan to return next weekend.

We did find a few small fossilized sharks teeth, some petrified wood, some pottery, fossilized bone. and a vertebra. The 2012 season is still very young.

Great photo of Mike. If this had been a high producing bed he would have filled that red bag.
100_9742.jpg

The only little tooth I found.
100_9761.jpg

Beautiful Edisto backwoods
[video=youtube;d182iN51D0c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d182iN51D0c[/video]

Last edited:
I'll be going on both the 31 and the 1st. Look forward to diving some smaller country rivers and meeting some fossil divers. I really had fun the last time I dove with Phil.

I'll be going on both the 31 and the 1st. Look forward to diving some smaller country rivers and meeting some fossil divers. I really had fun the last time I dove with Phil.

DAMN! I am going to Savannah this weekend to start taking some stuff down for the move. I would really like to join y'all Saturday......I will see if I can somehow swing it.

Mike, it would be great to meet you. I also know from personal experience that diving is much more fun than moving! Hope you can make it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom