Any fossilers wanna show off some photos?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Should play out well Mike as long as the weather does not get us. I wonder what the photos we post next week will look like? I feel sure we will hit teeth, bones, and petrified wood. A nice big claw or fang would be cool. What I like about where we are going is the quantity, and especially the quality. Should be FUN

Here are some pics from a great trip offshore Wilmington last summer with some close friends of mine! Here are a few pics. Three dives that day, each time we ventured out. On this trip, I ended up with two 6" teeth and plenty of 4"-6". Filled a 5 gallon bucket half way to 3/4 full on all three trips last year. I just found these pics from my first trip to the honey hole.

We went back this week (1 Year later) and the place is littered with Scooter holes from a charter business out of the Outer Banks who found the spot over the winter. Looks like someone dropped bombs all over the place. Like everything else, all good things must come to an end.

6coral.jpgclose up.jpglow view.jpgwhole group.jpg

I'm not sure I know the difference between the Prehistoric Great White teeth and the Extinct Mako. I found around 30 of them though in three dive trips. Each one is around 2"-3", but I assumed they were Prehistoric Great White. None have serrations.

I also found three to four 1.5" Benindini teeth, as well as a few georgous, red-colored 2-3" Auriculatus teeth, which are some of my favorites to show off. Serrations on all of these Auriculatus teeth are perfect and look like they are river teeth. :acclaim:

I'm not sure I know the difference between the Prehistoric Great White teeth and the Extinct Mako. I found around 30 of them though in three dive trips. Each one is around 2"-3", but I assumed they were Prehistoric Great White. None have serrations.

I also found three to four 1.5" Benindini teeth, as well as a few georgous, red-colored 2-3" Auriculatus teeth, which are some of my favorites to show off. Serrations on all of these Auriculatus teeth are perfect and look like they are river teeth. :acclaim:

Nice~! I have found a few orange/red teeth and they are my fav. Well, Orange is my favorite color, lol just ask anyone who knows me. I have/had two orange trucks, one limited orange charger, orange Harley, and I am looking at another orange Harley. My wife broke the streak with her vette, it is gray, lol

My fav. shark tooth is the Mako. I have a couple 3" uppers in my collection but I am hoping to add a 3" lower this year. It just seems like the roots never are intact here in Charleston too much for GW's and Mako's.

Post up some of those Ric's~!!!!!!!

I,m pretty sure I have the camera working, I called sea view and told them the problem I was having and they said the TV was a POS so I rigged up one I had and the picture was great! I,m sitting on go can,t wait to try that spot we located last week. Still could use one more diver, but it is what it is.

I,m pretty sure I have the camera working

YEA! thats great news Phil. When we can, we need to do some more surveying. I am always game for the hunt. Mike said he has the numbers for an offshore dredge pile. Sally said she would take her 30' boat to it. I think if we approach her with six or more customers it would be a green light.

Still could use one more diver, but it is what it is.

What about Mischew, or Vincent (Savannah), or Tovin (Atlanta)? I will ask about. What about Kim or Patrick from the Fossil show? or Brian Hempy

Here are some pics

Great photos of NC teeth Matt. Thanks for posting... you definitely look hooked
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Facebook posting of recent land site find by Debra Powell. Beautiful specimen. Looks to have some rouge polish on the root.

394906_10150757132051514_661321513_11565218_1828751641_n.jpg

Last edited:
Damn, I wish I could have land finds like that~! LOL

Phill, I asked a couple of divers here but so far no one. Everyone is working this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom