Any drysuit divers want to hit Travis?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sharkster

Registered
Reaction score
The viz is starting to open up but the water is still a bit chilly (20' and 58 deg last Sat.). Good conditions for diving dry. I'm looking for a buddy, drop me a line if interested.

I'll be out at Barstows on sunday with a couple of other wet suit divers about 2pm if your interested.

I did 55 degrees in a 7mm famer john. I cant make this weekend (remodleing my dauthers room) I might be up for another weekend.

sharkster:
The viz is starting to open up but the water is still a bit chilly (20' and 58 deg last Sat.). Good conditions for diving dry. I'm looking for a buddy, drop me a line if interested.

Thanks for the vis report. What depths did you encounter the 20' vis?

Thanks in advance
Dave

LVX:
Will be out at Mansifeld tomorrow with doubles and deco.

If you are diving at the Dam. How are you guys getting your doubles up & down the hillside?

Thanks in advance
Dave

Teknadv3x:
If you are diving at the Dam. How are you guys getting your doubles up & down the hillside?

Thanks in advance
Dave

I prefer the cheater way, use the elevator, then use them things that dangle from my hips... Its not too bad if you use the stairs with the handicap ramp, cause after the stairs its pretty much a sand entrance. I've done it plenty with the water down, just not looking forward to toting the deco bottle along...

Teknadv3x:
Dave, on Wednesday, vis at Windy Point was 15-25' all the way to about 60'. It gradually dropped off from there down to around 1-2' vis at 102'. The best vis I have seen so far at Travis. Ian and I were the only divers in the water.

Willie

Teknadv3x:

Thanks in advance
Dave

It was good up to the 50-60' range where it started to drop off. Some other divers that day said the viz was consistently bad to 100', so we didn't bother going any deeper.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom