Any drysuit divers want to hit Travis?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wet-willie:
Dave, on Wednesday, vis at Windy Point was 15-25' all the way to about 60'. It gradually dropped off from there down to around 1-2' vis at 102'. The best vis I have seen so far at Travis. Ian and I were the only divers in the water.

Willie

It sounds like the windex layer is forming with what your describing. That good vis layer you are talking about, is about a 30' column of water that will start moving downward for the next 4-6 weeks and when it gets to the bottom it will sport 25' plus vis at the riverbed. Till then I think I need to break out the DPV and head to Travis.

Dave

ianr33:
It was pretty ugly at 100 feet on wednesday. Am sure it will be great in a few weeks but at the moment going deep seems pointless.

is useful for 'entanglement' drills...

Gregg a couple questions.
That photo in your profile is that Morrison?
Do you have a scooter?

Dave

Morrison Feb05. Did you notice the ziploc bag of white powder...??

No DPV. Open to charitable contributions tho... will be at WP Sunday around 11-ish if anyone wants to stop by...look for TLS350s and doubles. I'll leave a coffee can on the table for scooter donations.

Met your friend Gary in Tomball last weekend...

cyklon_300:
Morrison Feb05. Did you notice the ziploc bag of white powder...??

No DPV. Open to charitable contributions tho... will be at WP Sunday around 11-ish if anyone wants to stop by...look for TLS350s and doubles. I'll leave a coffee can on the table for scooter donations.

Met your friend Gary in Tomball last weekend...

At one time I would have just brought a extra DPV for you to use. I had 2 Teknadv3x scooters and several of my buds cut their teeth scootering with it. I ended selling off both of them and getting a voyager.
Sometimes I regret selling both. Example: times like this. The lake is very favorable
for nice scooter runs.

The Gary you met Shaved head & He divemasters on the fling & Spree?
He is going to be diving Morrison in 2 weeks for the first time.

The lake should be favorable for Riverbed dives in about 4-6
weeks. Please keep the accurate dive condition postings coming. I have never made a bad run up to Travis based on your reports..I would take them to the bank.

Do enjoy your dive this weekend.
Dave

I know of a few people thats been playing with laying line in the river bed, some of them on this thread, any progress/updates/plans regarding laying line?

The course we started last summer is still uncompleted and progress is in retrograde function...the second downslope leg is going to be removed and re-positioned when the vis opens...the late-season attempt to find the remnants of the windex layer ended with us trying to lay line in 6" vis.

The results were not up to spec, so it's coming out...just waiting on lake conditions to improve.

I sincerely hope the gents in the beat-up red dive van don't go harvesting 'dangerous' line again this year...they seem to think they're doing a community service by pulling line whereever they find it. Hopefully, our is deep enough that they'll leave it alone.

I'm not familiar with the red van, but I was thinking about laying line on the dam side, there is a really nice wall there that bottoms out at about 150, found a putter there, I remember there being some downed trees and other objects that could have served as tie offs.

Back
Top Bottom