Any cavers around here?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

khacken

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I recently got my full cave cert and would be interested to find any swampers out there that would like to practice line drills, s-drills, valve-drills, and generally just dive so I can stay frosty on the skillset.

I'm cave, not in your area though. Just got back from a few days in FL systems. I've been seen running line and blowing bubbles in Blue Lagoon a few times, but generally don't make it your way to dive.

It's like a brotherhood...
After a while you just meet people.

We all move in the same circle-
going through a similar gear evolution-
dealing with the same problems- (not being in Florida)

Congrats on your Full Cave!
Certification is the beginning...

Andrew

Congratulations dude!

"to practice line drills, s-drills, valve-drills, and generally just dive"

Any well rounded technical diver be it cave,,deep gas,,wreck should most certainly do those skills.

I am surprised that a few 'cavers' whom already replied did not offer the chance to help you....course no caves in DFW but you can practice those skills outside of a cavern/cave.

Are you diving doubles//sidemounts or CCR?

PS-- I am not a caver, but enjoy listening to the tales of the Mx. caves and seeing the photo's........impressive.

Congratulations dude!

"to practice line drills, s-drills, valve-drills, and generally just dive"

Any well rounded technical diver be it cave,,deep gas,,wreck should most certainly do those skills.

I am surprised that a few 'cavers' whom already replied did not offer the chance to help you....course no caves in DFW but you can practice those skills outside of a cavern/cave.

Maybe one of them did, this board does contain PM functionality last I checked

As far as wreckers being able to run line and do valve drills, YEA RIGHT!

:popcorn:

Howdy. I just got back in (to Houston) from two weeks of cave diving in Florida.

Maybe one of them did, this board does contain PM functionality last I checked

As far as wreckers being able to run line and do valve drills, YEA RIGHT!

:popcorn:

Your right Rick.....about the PM function and that is a good point, I was refering more to the 'publics' view here we alll read, but PM's are cool. Wreckers just jump in with their flippers/googles and some rope case any is needed........ :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom