Any cavers around here?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Then act like a Texan and a member of the Air Force with "Integrity First."
Calling someone an A-hole and denouncing their heritage is childish and unbecoming of either. All of this over his comment, "Yea Right."

You can make friends or enemies by the words you choose.
Choose wisely. :wink:

You are right. Maybe didn't need the A-hole part. I am in the middle of a long night at work and not in the best mood. That I can accept and apologize for. He stilll needs to answer up and backup up his remarks. That sure seemed like a troll to me.

As far as making friends. Wasn't trying to be his friend. Again, if he is gonna make the remarks and sit back eating popcorn, then he needs to expect to be called out and back up his comments.

The big problem I have with his statement is it is exactly the type of attitude that turns people off to certain types of diving and the divers that do it. Cavers aren't better because they're cavers, GUE isn't better than any other, tech divers aren't better than Cavers and so on. I have met cave divers that I dive circles around and I have met cave divers that dive a lot better than me. I have met GUE divers that I dive circles around and the other way around as well. No type of diver is better, the individual diver may be better. That is why I wanted him to elaborate on his statement

Last edited:
So, First, for being an A-hole and trying to troll you lose your right to be a Texan.

Secondly why do you think you can run line any better than a wrecker? I dive with a few cavers, some of the better ones. They don't rund lines any better/different than me or other wreckers I know. They also don't do their valve drills any different.

My buddies and I also run s-drills and basic-5 every dive as well.

Are you going to kick me out of Texas? If so please kick me as far east as you can just short of the coast please.

Take some exlax and chill out, notice my popcorn icon? it was a joke meant to jab at Alan, he got the joke if you read his post, you didn't get the joke.

He who laughs last, didn't get the joke

The big problem I have with his statement is it is exactly the type of attitude that turns people off to certain types of diving and the divers that do it. Cavers aren't better because they're cavers, GUE isn't better than any other, tech divers aren't better than Cavers and so on. I have met cave divers that I dive circles around and I have met cave divers that dive a lot better than me. I have met GUE divers that I dive circles around and the other way around as well. No type of diver is better, the individual diver may be better. That is why I wanted him to elaborate on his statement

You didn't ask me to elaborate in your first post so I will here -

it was a joke, not my best work I might add, but a joke none the less.

Search my past posts you won't find any wrecker bashing, CCR bashing, sidemount bashing, TDI bashing on and on and on, I think the only thing I've ever made noise over is the PADI express weekend class.

Anyway I'll be at clear springs in about an hour and a half

rockjock3........ this is a no trolling sub-forum.

Fixxer was just joking with me, and I knew that (he is a very good caver)....as my funny reply back to him shows, he even said so later in a post that we were pulling each others legs/joking around. I know I have learned much from cavers as in reading vave books and taking classes in the tech level.....it's all learning and sharing!!!! I was learned a huge amound in wreck diving tech over the past few years......there are all of the same tech and some area are quite differnt....hence the reason for the upper level courses. We are all DIVERS and that is what should really count!

Now please let this thread go back to it's stated purpose.

rockjock3........ this is a no trolling sub-forum.

Fixxer was just joking with me, and I knew that (he is a very good caver)....as my funny reply back to him shows, he even said so later in a post that we were pulling each others legs/joking around. I know I have learned much from cavers as in reading vave books and taking classes in the tech level.....it's all learning and sharing!!!! I was learned a huge amound in wreck diving tech over the past few years......there are all of the same tech and some area are quite differnt....hence the reason for the upper level courses. We are all DIVERS and that is what should really count!

Now please let this thread go back to it's stated purpose.

What is trolling?

What is trolling?

Terms of Service Definition: Trolling
Exploiting the weaknesses of human nature or of an on-line community to upset people. ScubaBoard includes POV warriors, cranks, impolite users and disruptive behaviour in this definition.

I think RockJock3 gets it and is already acting more appropriately.
Just trying to keep the Swamp clean if you know what I mean.

You are right. Maybe didn't need the A-hole part. I am in the middle of a long night at work and not in the best mood. That I can accept and apologize for.
We've all been there, apology accepted.

No type of diver is better, the individual diver may be better.
I think most of us would agree with you, of course we're just a bunch of DIMWIT's! :wink:

If you like wrecks and are moving to Georgia, I highly suggest cave diving; you'll find lots of both just south of the border...

Welcome to the Swamp Rockjock3 :cool2:

Any well rounded technical diver be it cave,,deep gas,,wreck should most certainly do those skills.

Yep, good point!

Are you diving doubles//sidemounts or CCR?

Doubles for now. I will be switching to sidemount soon. I did a no mount reef dive in cozumel and loved it, so now I have the bug to get the tanks off my back.

What is trolling?

That's when you set your pole in the rod holder and drive the boat real slow, hoping a fish will bite. It's for people who don't know how to fish.

Now see, on a fishing forum, THAT would be a troll. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom