Any cavers around here?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Howdy. I just got back in (to Houston) from two weeks of cave diving in Florida.

Carl my friend, I bet you were not wanting to leave,,,,,any new systems run while there or was this for teaching?

I got plenty of diving in for the past two weeks. I was also co-teaching classes while in Florida. Before that, I've spent four weeks in Mexico cave diving and teaching classes down there in June and July. It has been a lot of fun, yet it's actually good to be back home for a while!

I got plenty of diving in for the past two weeks. I was also co-teaching classes while in Florida. Before that, I've spent four weeks in Mexico cave diving and teaching classes down there in June and July. It has been a lot of fun, yet it's actually good to be back home for a while!

I bet you are ready for a good rest!!!! ZZzzz

You are correct! Especially since I got up at 3:00am Central Time and drove back from Florida today!

Ditto All.

Texas Cave Divers do it Farther :cool2:

I'll gladly dive w/ you at lake Travis anytime, drills, skills, whatever...

Maybe one of them did, this board does contain PM functionality last I checked

As far as wreckers being able to run line and do valve drills, YEA RIGHT!

:popcorn:

So, First, for being an A-hole and trying to troll you lose your right to be a Texan.

Secondly why do you think you can run line any better than a wrecker? I dive with a few cavers, some of the better ones. They don't rund lines any better/different than me or other wreckers I know. They also don't do their valve drills any different.

My buddies and I also run s-drills and basic-5 every dive as well.

So, First, for being an A-hole and trying to troll you lose your right to be a Texan.

Secondly why do you think you can run line any better than a wrecker? I dive with a few cavers, some of the better ones. They don't rund lines any better/different than me or other wreckers I know. They also don't do their valve drills any different.

My buddies and I also run s-drills and basic-5 every dive as well.

RockJock, you are the EPITOME of a troll...

Your profile lists Hawaii, yet you are posting in the TEXAS SWAMP DIVER FORUM calling one of our own an A-hole, and spouting about rights to be a Texan? Who's the troll here?

I'd say your post violates the TOS intent to have a friendly forum based on mutual respect, and that your comments constitute both "trolling" & "cyberbullying" :no:

I'm a Texan, & and avid wreck and cave diver. I live & dive in Texas as does Fixxer...
You're trolling our forum and making a fuss over an opinion about running lines & drills.

Your response is not necessary or welcome, & I'm reporting your post to the moderators for consideration of removal. Play nice and abide by the TOS or get lost.

Zinc

RockJock, you are the EPITOME of a troll...

Your profile lists Hawaii, yet you are posting in the TEXAS SWAMP DIVER FORUM calling one of our own an A-hole, and spouting about rights to be a Texan? Who's the troll here?

I'd say your post violates the TOS intent to have a friendly forum based on mutual respect, and that your comments constitute both "trolling" & "cyberbullying" :no:

I'm a Texan, & and avid wreck and cave diver. I live & dive in Texas as does Fixxer...
You're trolling our forum and making a fuss over an opinion about running lines & drills.

Your response is not necessary or welcome, & I'm reporting your post to the moderators for consideration of removal. Play nice and abide by the TOS or get lost.

Zinc

I am born, bred and raised TEXAN. I currently am serving the US Air Force for my 21st year and am stationed in Hawaii. I will be moving to Georgia in 2 months, but am still TEXAN.

My comment was a question to the poster of the comment from FIXXERVI6 that wreckers are somehow inferior in their abilities to run lines and do drills simply because the caves they dive in have metal walls, pipes, hanging wires and sharp edges versus rocks, boulders, colums and stalac/stalagmites.

as far as a question about caving. I came in here because being as I will soon be living closer to cave country I am curious about possibly taking up caving.

Last edited:
I am born, bred and raised TEXAN. I currently am serving the US Air Force for my 21st year and am stationed in Hawaii. I will be moving to Georgia in 2 months, but am still TEXAN.

My comment was a question to the poster of the comment from FIXXERVI6 that wreckers are somehow inferior in their abilities to run lines and do drills simply because the caves they dive in have metal walls, pipes, hanging wires and sharp edges versus rocks, boulders, colums and stalac/stalagmites.

as far as a question about caving. I came in here because being as I will soon be living closer to cave country I am curious about possibly taking up caving.

Then act like a Texan and a member of the Air Force with "Integrity First."
Calling someone an A-hole and denouncing their heritage is childish and unbecoming of either. All of this over his comment, "Yea Right."

You can make friends or enemies by the words you choose.
Choose wisely. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom