Any buoyancy issues with the Nova Seawing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AlMitch

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi everyone

I have read through the many posts for the Seawing and in general I am sold. Saw the white pair the other day and they are Pimp Daddy cool!

My only question is with the positive buoyancy. Has anyone had any issue with this?
I want to get the wife a pair as well and her legs seem to be a tad positively buoyant and I'm wondering if the Novas may be a bit too buoyant.

Any ladies have a similar issue OR is the positive buoyancy really minor?

Many thanx
Alex

I dive Nova's with my drysuit.....

No issues at all.......

They are awesome fins........

M

I just got a pair. Now I am male and have very large feet. The fins turned out better than I expected. I have not noticed any real issues with them as far as bouyancy is concerned. Unless fins were made out of styrofoam, I cannot see them affecting buoyancy much one way or the other.

I dive Nova's with my drysuit.....

No issues at all.......

They are awesome fins........

M

Same comment as Jorgy. I got the Nova's to replace my Mares Avanti's (circa 1985 - Still use them with my wetsuit). I dive them with my latest Drysuit (big boots on suit) and I love the fins. I'd go anywhere with them (wreck, strong current, etc.). No bouyancy issues at all.

Safe diving to you.

Last edited:
Well I bought the wife a pair of these and she absolutely loves them. In the current she now drags me along!! I used to be the one dragging her!! I thought fins were fins but wow was I wrong. These Nova's are brilliant! I am off to get me a pair!

OH and yes you guys were dead right no bouyancy issues at all!

Am I ever wrong.......:wink:

Well OK maybe.........:eyebrow:

Glad you like the fins........M

i am positive that mine are negative with my boots (no pun intended).

Ankle weights would be an option if they are bothering you but I prefer to be feet up and the novas are the only fin that has gotten me close to that.

the Seawing Novas have 5 oz. of buoyancy per fin. I calculated that with the density of the material they're made out of (Monprene). I actually prefer the slight positive as it keeps my fins from hitting the corals while I'm trying to take photos.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom