Anthony's Key Resort - Snorkeling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

js1221

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Not on one of the boats, but from the bungalows. I searched the other posts but never got the answer specifically. Is the snorkeling from the bungalow worth doing? Thinking at the end of the dive day, just for some extra time in the water. We're going in May and I'd like to tel the group what they can expect.

After 2 weeks with no reply to your OP, I thought I would give you my answer. I’ve done shore access dives at AKR on both sides of the Cay.

The Ocean side shore dive is limited by hours of availability, it’s a bit of a distance before you get to anything reef-like, the wind and wave are the cause of that. The snorkeling, I can only surmise, would be the same, but more difficult because you’re on the surface. Kind’a bumpy.

I found excellent muck diving on the lagoon side, certainly under the actual dock. It’s a bit more than dark and murky, but an excellent night dive. Not for snorkelers.

Back
Top Bottom