Another update on the Pinnacle Kodiak

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nismo

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
While preparing for my second dive today, a tooth broke on the zipper. We were able to get the zipper back together but during the dive a second tooth broke. Not sure why this is happening. The zipper was waxed last night in preparation for today. However, I did not know the zipper reopened during the dive and while in the low 50's remained comfortable.

While preparing for my second dive today, a tooth broke on the zipper. We were able to get the zipper back together but during the dive a second tooth broke. Not sure why this is happening. The zipper was waxed last night in preparation for today. However, I did not know the zipper reopened during the dive and while in the low 50's remained comfortable.

Since it is a brand new suit I would take it back the the LDS where you bought it to get replaced.

LDS said they are going to send it back. This was only the second diving day and the suit is maybe a month old. Shouldn't be a problem.

Damn....I had 2 elements break the teeth this weekend....They are starting to investiage the problem. If you dont mind, where did you buy it, so when I talk to the Pinnacle guys again, I can remind them of this other instance as well so they can investigate them against each other to come to a final resolution

I received a Pinnacle element two weeks ago and two zipper teeth broke and the slide separated when I tried it on. LP replaced it. I just tried the new one in the pool this weekend with no problems. Sounds like a trend?

Also- the chiminney seals are loose on me [skinney forarms and calves, I guess], but the rest of the suit fits great for off the self. I needed to work the trapped air up from the arms and legs then burp the neck seal to keep from being too buoyant. That should be fun next week in Monterey.

Does any one know how hard/cost$ it is to get new seals?

regards,
cddfamily

Back
Top Bottom