Another Spearing in Dania

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sick. Sick. Sick.

What is wrong with our ocean patrol these days??

I have heard that our shores are not as protected anymore

All I heard was that there was a lot of cutbacks in having our ocean protected....:(

I just needed to get this off my chest and any feedback on how or what we can do would be appreciated...

You know how Florida and Broward County just pushed through all those "tax cuts" recently? Those took money directly out of the programs that help catch and prevent these types of incidents. So, as homeowners enjoy their $240 tax cut (soon to be offset by increased city fees), the protection of our natural resources decreases.

Be careful who and what you vote for, and if you don't like what is happening complain loudly and often to your city, your COUNTY COMMISSIONER, and your state representatives.

Diving is not for cruel hunters. Diving is beautiful an awe inspiring. Pity on those who do not value the life of incredible creatures. We all need to keep those inconsiderate idiots away from the water!

I am not against underwater hunters at all. I think spearing is the responsible way to fish. A spear fisherman will select the fish they want and only take that fish where as a boat fisherman will slaughter 20 fish to get to the 1 keeper. But divers randomly shoot things just to say “I shot a shark” is crap, you can not even eat Nurse Sharks from what I hear. Terrible … just terrible to shoot any animal and leave it there to suffer a slow death. :(

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom