Another Cozumel noob looking for advice from the regulars

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is no different from Living Underwater or Liquid Blue. Except that unlike Liquid Blue, Living Underwater also keeps and disinfects your wetsuits. Frankly, I don't know what Aldora does or doesn't do with wetsuits. Maybe someone who has dived with them can chime in.
I'm not sure what they do with them either, but it was a selling point with me. I could care less about disinfection, but not having to drag my wet wetsuit back and forth is definitely a plus.

"Frankly, I don't know what Aldora does or doesn't do with wetsuits. Maybe someone who has dived with them can chime in."

Aldora is my dive shop of choice in Cozumel, but they do not take care of wet suits. I see that as the only customer service they could work at improving. Otherwise they are excellent in my book.

Turk9

I don't plan on bringing a wetsuit - as a SoCal diver, my wetsuit is a full 7-mil, which I imagine would not be appropriate for such warm waters. Do the dive shops generally offer shorties for rent?

You do know what divers do in those rental suits, don't you? You still have a month. It's not too late to shop.

I would bring a wetsuit, either a 3/2 shortie or your choice of mm fullsuit. Most shorties are pretty cheap to buy and easy to pack.
The place I usually stay at rents at $5 day, over 9 days you could have bought one.

I don't plan on bringing a wetsuit - as a SoCal diver, my wetsuit is a full 7-mil, which I imagine would not be appropriate for such warm waters. Do the dive shops generally offer shorties for rent?
I think you want to own and dive your own suit. And I rinse mine myself even if my Op offers to as I'd rather rinse mine alone than have it rinsed with several others. :eek:

Shorties are easier to fit yeah, but they don't protect you from Cozumel stingers.

I have been in Coz 3 times, all 3 times someone in the group had a shortie or in one instance wore some booties that were the short ones, didn't cover the ankle exposing bare skin. On all 3 trips something stung all 3 of these people. I would go for a full suit. In my experience a 3ml is enough though your mileage may vary. I would hate to ruin a trip like this over no spending another $60-100. You never know, you might love Cozumel enough to return often and use the 3ml more often than you think.

It doesn't even have to be Cozumel. There are other warm-water destinations out there and a 3mm works fine for all of them. I prefer Henderson Hyperstretch myself, not as warm as a standard neoprene 3mm, but so much easier to donn/doff and it's perfect for 80+ temps. If it's upper 70s, I add on a "core warmer". No one pees in my suit but me!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom