Another choose my first reg thread - Deep6 or XTX50?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Get a couple of 90 Degree Swivel Adapter, LP 2nd Stage: 9/16-Inch M x 9/16-Inch F or the corresponding 70deg one if you don't have it already. It will make routing with the 40" hose much nicer.

Yeah, don't overthink DIN vs yoke - especially since you already bought it :wink:Yoke makes sense for what you've described your diving is like now and it's pretty easy to convert your 1st stage to DIN later if you see the need. I had to have my LDS order it for my Apeks and swap it out during service but I'm pretty sure Deep6 will sell you the part directly when you want it (@cerich can confirm if this is accurate)

I think you made a good choice going with Deep6 for a new purchase. If I was in the market for new regs I would have done the same.
I'll PM you for diving - may be going this weekend.

Yeah, so along with my order I wrote in a request for a 120deg swivel (assuming this is the same as a 70deg...basically I want the same thing that comes with the DiveRite XT open water package). I have no idea if they can fulfill that, but no worries, I'm sure I can get one around here (this is the type of thing I would go out of my way to purchase from my LDS anyway). I should be up for diving on Saturday the 3rd, but I dont know if the Deep6 package will be here by then. I'm diving on the Raptor out of Ventura on the 10th. Anacapa sites. I'm sure there is still room on the boat if you want to join us!

Yeah, so along with my order I wrote in a request for a 120deg swivel (assuming this is the same as a 70deg...basically I want the same thing that comes with the DiveRite XT open water package). I have no idea if they can fulfill that, but no worries, I'm sure I can get one around here (this is the type of thing I would go out of my way to purchase from my LDS anyway). I should be up for diving on Saturday the 3rd, but I dont know if the Deep6 package will be here by then. I'm diving on the Raptor out of Ventura on the 10th. Anacapa sites. I'm sure there is still room on the boat if you want to join us!

Your assumption is correct. I'm sure they can put a package together the same as DR.

IMG_7360.JPG
IMG_7361.JPG
IMG_7362.JPG
image.jpg
IMG_7363.JPG

I thought you ordered the YOKE first stage? Either way that is an awesome box of awesomeness!! Get you a 90* for that 40" and you will be in literal single tank diving heaven.

Yes, I'll report back shortly on that. Deep6 is sorting me out. Planning to head to the dive shop this week to get a 90deg bend. Heading to Channel islands this weekend.

Question on hose routing:
1) Route the 40" hose on a side port and under my arm? - This seems to exert a rotational torque on the mouthpiece while it's in my mouth. Assume a 90deg bend will solve this, but it seems like under the arm is not the most natural routing with the hose going in to the side of the 1st stage. maybe I'm just making this up...

2) Route the 40" hose on the bottom port and under my arm? - This seems most comfortable with a 90deg bend but it seems like it would be less ideal in an air sharing situation - maybe I'm making this up?

3) Route the 40" hose on a side port and over my arm? - This seems like it would be the most comfortable without a 90deg bend and in an air sharing situation. However, it would clearly be less streamlined with the hose bowing way out to my right away from the tank and then back to my face.

4) Seems like a 7' hose routed from the bottom port is really the most streamlined as it exhibits 1) no torque 2) no bowing and 3) no issues in an air sharing situation. My LDS sells a delrin rod you can use in lieu of a canister light to capture the hose. What about just tucking the end of the loop inside the front (right of center, I guess) of my waist belt of my back plate?

Yes, I'll report back shortly on that. Deep6 is sorting me out. Planning to head to the dive shop this week to get a 90deg bend. Heading to Channel islands this weekend.

Question on hose routing:

4) Seems like a 7' hose routed from the bottom port is really the most streamlined as it exhibits 1) no torque 2) no bowing and 3) no issues in an air sharing situation. My LDS sells a delrin rod you can use in lieu of a canister light to capture the hose. What about just tucking the end of the loop inside the front (right of center, I guess) of my waist belt of my back plate?

I tuck the long hose in my belt. I pass the loop through so that it passes either side of my hip bone which is against the inside of the belt so it acts as a lock making it harder for the hose to slip out accidentally.

I wouldn't bother with a fake canister.

Back
Top Bottom