Another Buddy Dive question regarding DIN tank valves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shoredivr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
For some reason Buddy Dive is not responding to my emails, and people here seem to have a good response time and knowledge :)

My regs are DIN. Does Buddy have valves on their tanks that have the dial-out fitting that converts the tank from yoke to DIN, or should I bring my DIN to yoke adapters.

Tks

Not sure but I wouldn't expect it. When I travel with my DIN reg my adapter is always with me so there is never a tank I can't hook up to. It weighs almost nothing.

I don't recall ever seeing a DIN at Buddy and I have been there a lot of times. Do yourself a favor, take the adapter or better yet just get a yoke reg. They are not going away.

Agreed...take your adapters. It is a long way to travel only to find you might or might not need them.

Even bif they had some, would you expect the insert to still be removable?

You never know, awap, the tech side of Buddy Dive might keep them in good shape. ;-)
Tks people, I'll bring the adapters.

In 6 trips to Buddy, I have never seen one of their tanks in FW.

In 6 trips to Buddy, I have never seen one of their tanks in FW.
So? I'm missing your point, I guess.

I think he means even if the tanks do happen to have the screw in inserts, the tanks live in salt water, not fresh water (FW = fresh water) and the inserts will have fused in and be non-removable. When I was last in Bonaire (admittedly about 10 yrs ago) I never saw tanks with the convertable valves, and pretty much every tank had yoke O-rings worn down to the nub as well, so if the dive ops won't even spend $ to swap out worn out O-rings, they probably won't spring $ for convertable valves either.

I think he means even if the tanks do happen to have the screw in inserts, the tanks live in salt water, not fresh water (FW = fresh water) and the inserts will have fused in and be non-removable. When I was last in Bonaire (admittedly about 10 yrs ago) I never saw tanks with the convertable valves, and pretty much every tank had yoke O-rings worn down to the nub as well, so if the dive ops won't even spend $ to swap out worn out O-rings, they probably won't spring $ for convertable valves either.
Yeah, I understand about inserts and salt water, but just because awap hasn't seen any Buddy Dive tanks in fresh water, I don't see how he therefore concludes that the inserts (if they exist) are all frozen in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom