Annual vs. biannual service?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dmartien:
Thanks a lot to everyone for providing helpful info. I've settled on an Aqualung Legend. The alternating year service cycle (inspection one year, overhaul the next) sounds a lot safer than just waiting 2 years to me.

My reg sees a lot of cycles of dive, rinse, dry, wait 3 days, repeat, which is probably the best way to promote salt crystal formation. Waiting 2 years with no inspection or service just doesn't sound safe given this treatment.

The final factor in my decision was cost. Aqualung is offering $100 off on the Legend right now. Tough to beat.
Very good choice.
The legend is an excellent reg. you'll have lots of joy with it.

dmartien:
Thanks a lot to everyone for providing helpful info. I've settled on an Aqualung Legend. The alternating year service cycle (inspection one year, overhaul the next) sounds a lot safer than just waiting 2 years to me.

My reg sees a lot of cycles of dive, rinse, dry, wait 3 days, repeat, which is probably the best way to promote salt crystal formation. Waiting 2 years with no inspection or service just doesn't sound safe given this treatment.

The final factor in my decision was cost. Aqualung is offering $100 off on the Legend right now. Tough to beat.
Just in the FWIW category... there's nothing wrong with taking a reg in for an inspection even if it isn't "due" for one! It's just nice to not *have* to take it in, I think.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom