Announcing the SubGravity H3 - Powered by SeaBear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There's a tread titled Oceanic Atom 3.1 or OCi. Read the last few posts. Tbone1004 posted about it. Sorry, I don't know how to attach a link to the post.

Looks like the H3 will have Air Integration after DEMA. Is this just a firmware update and purchasing the transmitter?

Can the H3 be hooked up to a Apple MacBook Pro for download of dive profile, etc? From the user manual, it's only supporting PC and Android devices. :(

Please tell us more! Are you at DEMA? Can wait to hear about the details!

They were committed to delivering the best. Once they sold out to ScubaPro they limit the T1 availability and how long before the H3 is relabeled a ScubaPro product?

As many of you are aware, Johnson Outdoor Products (Scubapro) announced 2 days ago that they have acquired SeaBear Diving Technology, the company that produces the SubGravity H3 Dive Computer.

SubGravity would like to assure you that the H3 dive computer will continue to be available to you as a SubGravity product. SeaBear and now Scubapro are locked into a long term obligation to manufacture these high quality dive computers for SubGravity. Starting later in the year, the H3 will be fully branded as a SubGravity product on an OEM basis and will bare no Seabear or Scubapro marks whatsoever.

Please rest assured that the H3 will continue to be supported in every way including software/firmware updates as well as future functionality.

The SubGravity T1 dive computer will no longer be available on a stand-alone basis. It will however be available as an integrated option on SubGravity supported rebreathers.

SubGravity is committed to offering only the highest quality products and delivering fast, efficient and friendly service. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us for clarification. If you are attending DEMA this year, please stop by our booth #1954 to say hello and check out all of our latest products including 2 new rebreathers, a full line of high performance DPVs (underwater scooters), a new canister light, and lots of other cool products that are sure to set a new standard in the industry!

Please tell us more! Are you at DEMA? Can wait to hear about the details!
I was at DEMA - was told at the booth that air integration is still planned to happen, but they wouldn't say when it was going to happen...not to me, anyway...

I was at DEMA - was told at the booth that air integration is still planned to happen, but they wouldn't say when it was going to happen...not to me, anyway...

The lack of communication and commitment over a feature that was previously promised is frustrating.

The lack of communication and commitment over a feature that was previously promised is frustrating.

In fairness, not committing to a date that isn't a firm release is likely a better option than saying it will be out by x date, then later saying y date...then z date...and so on.

In fairness, not committing to a date that isn't a firm release is likely a better option than saying it will be out by x date, then later saying y date...then z date...and so on.

I understand your point but I think you missed mine.

AI was a feature that was promised, then with no explanation it was removed from the website months ago.

A release date would be nice but at this stage and with the lack of communicating WHY the feature was removed, I personally would discount the credibility of such a date or release.

For me, what would help to repair the credibility would be an explanation of why the AI feature was announced, then removed. Whether it will be available and when would be nice to know also, but as I said - fool me once...

Now, with the announcement of the acquisition by Scubapro, and without concrete information from Seabear or Subgravity, one could speculate that SP has killed the AI feature to prevent cannibalization of their line of AI computers.

Lack of transparency = lack of credibility

I understand your point but I think you missed mine.

AI was a feature that was promised, then with no explanation it was removed from the website months ago.

A release date would be nice but at this stage and with the lack of communicating WHY the feature was removed, I personally would discount the credibility of such a date or release.

For me, what would help to repair the credibility would be an explanation of why the AI feature was announced, then removed. Whether it will be available and when would be nice to know also, but as I said - fool me once...

Now, with the announcement of the acquisition by Scubapro, and without concrete information from Seabear or Subgravity, one could speculate that SP has killed the AI feature to prevent cannibalization of their line of AI computers.

Lack of transparency = lack of credibility

Seriously guys, there is no conspiracy here. I have mentioned several times that we have no further information on air integration at this time. The only thing I can tell you is that currently, the SubGravity H3 powered by Seabear has no air integration and that I have no new information to offer on the subject. That said, SubGravity continues to sell the H3 and it is being dived and enjoyed by numerous serious divers throughout the country!

We just finished up at DEMA a couple of weeks ago, where it was extremely well received by the industry and is being sold by fine dive shops all across the US as well as directly from sub-gravity.com

Please don't hesitate to contact us directly or post any additional questions here on Scubaboard.

Kind regards,
Randy

Thanks for updating.

When air integration is available I will consider the computer. It looks to be a great computer, it currently does not have one of the functions I want.

I am sure that when air integration is available it will be announced. Keep us informed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom