Announcement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chickdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am posting this on several forums, in an effort to let you all know that as of June 2008 I will be retiring from teaching any diving classes for the foreseeable future. I am using the time between now and June to tie up any loose ends out there, so I will not be accepting any new students. For those of you who have already spoken to me and tentatively scheduled classes, stay tuned, you’ll be hearing from me. As always, I will be happy to make recommendations on instructors for those out there looking for one.

Best,

Heather Choat Armstrong

Heather do we take a poll and see if'll come back or not.

Hey good luck and safe diving

Heather do we take a poll and see if'll come back or not.

Hey good luck and safe diving

Gee, I shoulda known a comment from you would be smart. :shakehead:

I'm not saying I won't ever come back, but basically I've had it up to my eyeballs with teaching. I find it very frustrating and take no joy in it any longer. That had begun to impact my enjoyment of diving in general, which means it's time to quit.

Well, I for one am happy to have learned from you and hope to keep doing that (picking your brain).

Sorry to see you throw in the towel.

Heather, what's driving you so crazy about teaching? Are students unprepared, or unwilling to work, or coming for the wrong reasons? Or do you feel constricted in what or how you can teach? Is there a way to address the issues short of quitting? (Not to suggest that you shouldn't quit if you want to, but reading what you write, it sounds as though you are probably a very fine teacher, and you quitting would be a loss.)

Sorry to hear that, everyone I've talked to who's been taught by you say's they learned alot.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom