Anilao Trip Photos!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Ed,

Great shots! Just ordered my own G7 and Ike housing + strobe. Can I ask why you went with the Canon housing over the Ike? Also, any idea how a WA lense would go on either housing?

Cheers,
Ry.

BaldManAndTheSea:
Hey Ed!

Great shots! I checked out your go back to site...AMAZING! I'll try to go back to where we saw the saw blade and the baby frog fish. Hopefully I'll get to see them again.

Have a good one!

Larry

Thanks Larry!
That site has a lot of stuff, I'll definitely go back there again, again and again. Look around, I suspect there are a lot more things to see there. Will explore more, when I'm there on the 21-25 Feb. :D

Thanks for the great hospitality! :wink:

Ed.

Aussie Diver:
Hi Ed,

Great shots! Just ordered my own G7 and Ike housing + strobe. Can I ask why you went with the Canon housing over the Ike? Also, any idea how a WA lense would go on either housing?

Cheers,
Ry.

Hi Aussie D!

Good to hear that you'll be getting your G7 soon. I bet you're gonna like it, it's a really good camera (even without RAW). I went with the Canon housing, due to my budget, but somehow it worked out pretty well. As for the WA lenses, I'm not too sure. My WA shots are taken with the S80. I assume you might get the edges of the WA lens with the G7. You can always zoom in a bit, just to clear those edges. As for the macro shots, they worked well for me. :wink:

Enjoy your G7 and remember to post some shots when you get them. :D

Ed.

Hi Ed,

Can't wait to get the new rig. Will be first time shooting with a strobe, so should be interesting! Will be christening it in Truk!

With the macro lenses, how much difference is it going to be using 1 rather than stacking 2?

Ry.

Ed_Dman:
Hi Aussie D!

Good to hear that you'll be getting your G7 soon. I bet you're gonna like it, it's a really good camera (even without RAW). I went with the Canon housing, due to my budget, but somehow it worked out pretty well. As for the WA lenses, I'm not too sure. My WA shots are taken with the S80. I assume you might get the edges of the WA lens with the G7. You can always zoom in a bit, just to clear those edges. As for the macro shots, they worked well for me. :wink:

Ed.

Ed,

I was hoping to hear from you on what lense holder you used with the canon case. I already have my g7 and canon case and now you've really got me exited about the potential for the set up for macro. I just need to know how you mounted the lenses as Inon does not have a holder specific to the DC11 case. Also would be interested in hearing why you went with the Inon z240 strobe instead of the Ikelite ds125.

Thanks for sharing the great photos. Nice website too.

jbb:
Also would be interested in hearing why you went with the Inon z240 strobe instead of the Ikelite ds125.

Oh I can answer that one for Ed... the DS125 is a friggin MONSTER in size compared to an Inon!!!:eyebrow:

jbb:
Ed,
I was hoping to hear from you on what lense holder you used with the canon case. I already have my g7 and canon case and now you've really got me exited about the potential for the set up for macro. I just need to know how you mounted the lenses as Inon does not have a holder specific to the DC11 case. Also would be interested in hearing why you went with the Inon z240 strobe instead of the Ikelite ds125.

Thanks for sharing the great photos. Nice website too.

Hi Jbb!

I'll PM it to you. :wink:
As for the strobe, it is like what Pak said. The Inon is smaller and ligther. :D

Ed.

Aussie Diver:
Hi Ed,

Can't wait to get the new rig. Will be first time shooting with a strobe, so should be interesting! Will be christening it in Truk!

With the macro lenses, how much difference is it going to be using 1 rather than stacking 2?

Ry.

Hi Ry!
I'm sure you're gonna enjoy your new rig, just keep practicing. On land and underwater. I would say, go for stacked macro. It's much better. :wink:

As for the shutter lag, don't worry about it. Shutter lag is quite a common thing for all compact cameras, just that some are sightly better. I would suggest that you keep your hand steady every time you shot. The more you know about your camera, the better you know how to handle it. :wink:

Have fun!

Ed.

Back
Top Bottom