Anilao Trip Photos!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the comments, Joe & Para. I'm glad you all enjoy the pictures. :)

Ed.

Hi Ed
Great pictures...

On impulse, I just ordered the G7 today. While I was at the electronics store, I found out I had some funds left in a budget that goes sour next month, so I had to make a snap decision since I would not be back to there for a while. Went with the G7 and ordered the Canon housing as well.

I plan to take photos using the stock setup for a while, but once dive season kicks in full gear in summer, I might investigate exterior strobe options. I feel I've been avoiding strobe for long enough, I'm ready...

jagfish:
Hi Ed
Great pictures...

On impulse, I just ordered the G7 today. While I was at the electronics store, I found out I had some funds left in a budget that goes sour next month, so I had to make a snap decision since I would not be back to there for a while. Went with the G7 and ordered the Canon housing as well.

I plan to take photos using the stock setup for a while, but once dive season kicks in full gear in summer, I might investigate exterior strobe options. I feel I've been avoiding strobe for long enough, I'm ready...

can't resist the force eh? :D

jagfish:
Hi Ed
Great pictures...

Thanks Jagfish. Welcome to the G7 community. Hehe... I'm sure, you're gonna like it. I would strongly recommend that you get familiarized with your camera, as there are a lot of cool functions. My next suggestion is, get a strobe and soon you'll know why. :wink:

Do post some pictures, when you get to use it underwater.
Have fun! :D

Jonix - When is your turn? May the force be with you. :lol:

Ed.

Ed_Dman:
Thanks Jagfish. Welcome to the G7 community. Hehe... I'm sure, you're gonna like it. I would strongly recommend that you get familiarized with your camera, as there are a lot of cool functions. My next suggestion is, get a strobe and soon you'll know why. :wink:

Do post some pictures, when you get to use it underwater.
Have fun! :D

Jonix - When is your turn? May the force be with you. :lol:

Ed.
Hi Ed
I've been putting along with a Sony T3 in my wetsuit pocket most of the time for the last two years. Since I am an instructor, it was nice to have a camera that could live in the pocket and leave me to tend to folks in need and then whip out the camera when the coast was clear.

I've decided it was time to move on to a larger camera that would be used for dedicated "photo dives". No fitting this one in the pocket!

I'd like to move to a strobe in the future for obvious reasons...once I'm out of the pocket, I mind as well step all the way out. I'll take pictures as is until I sort out what the best strobe options are...

Thanks for all the good G7 info in this thread...

Jim

Hi Ed, beautiful Pictures...

I also had my g7 and canon case with inon strobe D-2000 and after seeing your pics, it make me going for the set up of macro lens. Hope you could share on what lense holder you used with the canon case.

Hi Ed,

Some absolutely stunning shots, you are giving us all a target to strive towards !

I am about to upgrade from an Oly 5050 and have narrowed my search down to three cameras - Oly sp-550 uz, Canon S3is or the G7. I am finding it a difficult choice to separate the three, but had been tending away from the G7 due to the unusual shape of the port on the front of the housing, as I didnt think I would be able to get addon lenses to suit.

Now I read that you have been able to modify your housing, so I would be really interested in the details if you get the time to respond. This may just tilt me closer towards the G7 instead of the other two.

Many thanks,

Ozzie Andrew:
Hi Ed,

Some absolutely stunning shots, you are giving us all a target to strive towards !

I am about to upgrade from an Oly 5050 and have narrowed my search down to three cameras - Oly sp-550 uz, Canon S3is or the G7. I am finding it a difficult choice to separate the three, but had been tending away from the G7 due to the unusual shape of the port on the front of the housing, as I didnt think I would be able to get addon lenses to suit.

Now I read that you have been able to modify your housing, so I would be really interested in the details if you get the time to respond. This may just tilt me closer towards the G7 instead of the other two.

Many thanks,

Hi Andrew!

Thanks! Anyway, I would say that the G7 is a good camera, but the only problem is the oval shape port of the housing. I did modified and tested it once, but it is still in an experimenting stage, eventhough it seems to work ok. I wouldn't want to give you the wrong information. The other problem is that you won't be able to use a WA lens even with the modification. The lens on the G7 is simply too deep inside when not zoom, therefore you'll see quite a big circle. Zooming out will pretty much take away the lens WA. I hope the information help! :wink:

Ed.

Wow.

I'm glad I came across this thread.

It reminded me of why I loved diving. I've been to most of the sites mentioned above, but I think its safe to say that I'm only seeing them for the first time now.

Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom