Trip Report Jan 2024: Anilao, Puerta Galera and Boracay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glad you had a better experience than us.

The planned 45 bottom times and a safety issue we observed meant that we didn't return to Captn Greggs when we went back to PG last month.
Dived with Captn Greggs last year. The only time a time limit was set (well sort of, we knew it would be a shorter dive) was for The Canyons. This is because the dive is deepish and because of the current you end up doing a blue water ascent. Not once for the other sites did they set a limit of 45 minutes for a dive, or in fact, any limit really.

I did 26 dives with them and averaged 58 minutes. Would have been over an hour but on one dive my buddy had a free flow and lost most of his air in the first few minutes so we had to abort the dive. Without those two dives,

Dived with Captn Greggs last year. The only time a time limit was set (well sort of, we knew it would be a shorter dive) was for The Canyons. This is because the dive is deepish and because of the current you end up doing a blue water ascent. Not once for the other sites did they set a limit of 45 minutes for a dive, or in fact, any limit really.

I did 26 dives with them and averaged 58 minutes. Would have been over an hour but on one dive my buddy had a free flow and lost most of his air in the first few minutes so we had to abort the dive. Without those two dives,
Sounds like we got screwed on our bottom times. The 45 mins was even included in the briefing.

I wonder why they did this? Never mind, we're happier elsewhere

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom