Andy's DS2 vs. DS3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GP

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just wondering what the difference is in these two suits besides the DS2 having a diagonal front zip vs. the DS3's horizontal front zip. Are there any other differences between these two suits and is the DS2 any cheaper in price? Also their website states they have a zipper guard. Is the zipper guard a second zipper that goes over the waterproof zipper like DUI suits have?

I have the Andy's DS with horizontal zipper and the guard is another zipper over dry zipper. When I purchased the suit the LDS told me the vertical zipper may wear faster and fail due to stress points and was not as comfortable. A diving buddy has the DUI with vertical and he did have a failure and had to get it replaced but only after a couple hundred dives. I'm not sure of the price difference but the decision is yours and what you want.

chuckrt

He has had a zillion Andy's suits and has known Andy for something like 30 years..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom