Amputee Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Triple Knot

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, my name is Brian Dery of Triple Knot Productions in Tampa, Florida.

I am a film maker and I produce motivational and inspirational documentaries about people who overcome their disabilities.

I am a huge scubda diver but in all my years and travels have not yet met an amputated diver.

I am currently looking for one who is very energetic, out going, and personable and not to mention not afraid to be on camera.

I am doing a documetary about a special subject and finding a diver or maybe a few divers who fit that description would tie in nicely.

Prefer the Tampa Bay area.

Please check out my website at www.tripleknotproductions to see the docs I have completed so far and the awards we have won and a little bio on myself.

I don't ask for money. I was once paralyzed and was told I would never walk again and hey, I beat that and am walking and feel that my calling in life is to tell the motivational and inspirational story of people.

If you have ANY questions or concerns, please feel free to email me personally at Brian@tripleknotproductions.com.

Please help!

Thank you.

I'm an amputee but, I don't live in the Tampa area.

Michael

Hi! I'm 64 year old amputee diver out in So. Ca. Dove in 6 states, as active as you can be at my age, Love to Dive!!!

I've had the opportunity to dive with an AKA (above the knee amputee) diver. No problem for him at all. I don't know how he feels about being in the movies, and he lives in California. Also saw a guy with one arm getting his gear on but didn't dive with him. My own former husband is a one-legged Harley rider--you just do what you want to do.

I know a triple amputee diver in the Miami area. Ted was featured in an episode of North Carolina Public Television's program, Return to the Sea in 1990. Ted lost both legs and one arm in Viet Nam, he's a wonderful person and an excellent diver. It's been several years since I've seen him, but I believe he can be found fairly easily.

Walter, please find me his information.

Miami I can do. Colorado and California are not possible.

I dive with a guy who was a helo pilot (shot down)in the USMC and just retired

he is not much of a grandstander but is tough as nails and has that "it" factor--charisma (also a little nuts)

he is already sort of a legend from what I hear. HUGE personality

I think he is known for fighting (successfully) to stay in and went on to become a full Col

He is a real superhero in my book. He happens to be pretty goodlooking too.

Some people have a presence, he has it. Great wife too. What a team.

he might be over it--I know he visited vets in the hospital and had to "put his game face on" for some, especially the burn victims. I admire him, can you tell?

here in Hawaii

Kinda far for you

he is one of the best divers I know

Florida guy, I think.

Back
Top Bottom