American Pro Divers? GRRR!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was also late for a dive a few years ago there. I called while on the road and they said no problem get here as soon as you can. We had great luck with them. Friends just came back and also said the same good news. It is hard to remember that they also have a schedule to meet. Ever try to leave a dock with all aboard exept the late commers...Still rudeness is not exceptable.

Wow. A customer gets up a 5 a.m. to drive to a vendor and hand them money and the vendor denies them? We've had this discussion about LDS a number of times on SB and one thing is quite evident. Just because someone might be a scuba instructor with 2,000 dives it doesn't mean they know a thing about running a business. I'm a big supporter of the local LDS, and there was a time (before internet) when they were the only resource for divers, but those days are long gone. Sounds like some folks working in an LDS still have not realized that. Arrogance won't ring the cash register. The only thing an LDS can offer that you can't get on the net is personalized customer service. Don't worry, the shops who don't realize this won't last much longer.

justadiver:
Ever try to leave a dock with all aboard exept the late commers...Still rudeness is not exceptable.

I've been on boats where there were a few stragglers. If the boat is ready to leave, and they show up when everyone is on board and about to take off that maybe a case to leave them behind. In this case it sounds like they were there before anyone had boarded. Carrying on 4 tanks takes less time than arguing about it, and berating the customer.

Most dive OPS request people be there 30~60 minutes early to accommodate those that will be 45 minutes late. I don't know how this op works.

Harley-Diver: I've never hit anybody in my life, and don't plan to start now. Big man vs Little woman....I don't like those odds!
Del-Mo: There is definately another side to this story, maybe the guy was just yelled at by someone else, maybe his dog just died? I don't know, still wasn't a fun experience to see one's mommy told off!

We were late, and I don't mind (a whole lot) about paying for the seats- But we weren't late for the boat, we weren't late for them leaving, we were late for the guy to put tanks on the boat for us, and were told off for being thus.

On a positive note, we headed over to Bird's Underwater and they tried everything in their power to get us out on a trip with just the three of us, with no one to take us, they instead provided us with maps, prices, etc for Devil's Grotto and Blue Springs (which were really cool!) A big thanks to them for not making a 3 hour drive worthless!

Oh, and we never got the guys name, besides which I don't think it fair to bandy his name on the internet when I don't know his side of the story or if he is even here to defend himself!

Same type of experience here. I too did a report on them. As DeepStops said, Bird is the Word :)

I've had good and so-so experiences with Pro Dive. I'm very surprised by their reaction. I think you should e-mail them and tell them what happened to you, and mention that people are discussing it here on ScubaBoard.

HarleyDiver_FL:
here comes my Violent side:light: , Why in Gods name didn't you knock the jerk out? I know violence doesn't solve anything butt:mooner: sometimes it does make one feel a little better. Especially when it's a dim wit like that guy sounds to have been.

Like I said, Violence doesn't solve anything, butt:mooner: by God sometimes it makes one feel good. For anyone to strike some one like that would be wrong!!! There are better ways to take care of idiots like that. I've always found verbal judo to work very well and the knot heads end up looking like a horses A S S's. But you know, Carving your name in his leather seats and slicing a hole in all four tires might work too. oh wait, thats a song, never mind:no

Did anyone e-mail them? If not, I don't mind doing so. My guess is they won't care but that is only a guess based on what I know of them. On the other hand, sometimes people surprise you.

Do you know if it was the owner that waited on you or...?

GUIDED OPEN WATER TOURS IN EAGLES NEST???!!!! :confused: :confused: :confused:

UFFDA

I know there has been discussion on that on other forums and that's one reason why Eagles nest was closed for the longest time...gads
(or so they tell me...)

Last I checked , it was MINIMUM Cave , Trimix certification etc...
(from the Agencies) Or something close to that.
The nest is actually BEYOND my depth limits for cave!

Jeano

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom