Aluminum toxicity?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't create an issue that does not exist to then be discussed forever and ever. The amount of time your breathing from an aluminum tank is minimal in the big picture and the aluminum is not going to hurt you anyways. Now, all of the carcinagins leaching from the plastic bottled rebadged tap water --worry about that.

N

Uncle! Uncle! LOL

Guys, thanks for the reality check.

As JahJahWarrior points out, aluminum toxicity is a non-issue as long as I don't lick the tank.

Yeah, it's probably safe to lick your tanks, but don't lick your weights. Unless you want a licking. Not the good kind, with strawberries and whipped cream on your honeymoon, the bad kind where you get cancer and die.

Notso_Ken:
All I've EVER seen for ductwork is aluminum. They sure don't make it from steel! Too heavy, not easy enough to work with.

Ken

Ive only seen duct work made from tin

bradxb:
Ingestion of aluminum has been linked, in some studies, with neurodegenerative disorders such as Alzheimer's Disease. There is no conclusive evidence at this point.

there's never been any conclusive evidence since it was first proposed in 1965. the strongest factually based medical statements are usually that aluminum might make alzheimers worse. there are quite a lot of hysterical websites on the net asserting a connection between aluminum and alzheimers which is based on a selective reading of the medical evidence.

and antacids, water and cooking pans are way more of a concern than aluminum scuba tanks in any case...

waffle house is the true danger

RV:
Ive only seen duct work made from tin
I've seen/worked with both.
But, I must say that it is mostly the formed sheet metal "tin".
Although I wouldn't worry about the "tin", I'd be worried about the
Zinc used to galvanize it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom