Aluminum STA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dectek

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I Have done the search thing now I am bowing down to ask for specs on an aluminum STA. I read about alternative materials but not actual measurements.

Mostly looking for material thickness...channel depth and width on any of the commercially available Single tank adapters.
I got a major case of sticker shock today and did not want to fork over the $89.95 for something I am not to sure I will use to often. I thought it would be insulting plus I did not have the cahonees to whip out a tape measure in the LDS.
Thanks

BTW...I did purchase other things while I was there.

Dectek:
I Have done the search thing now I am bowing down to ask for specs on an aluminum STA. I read about alternative materials but not actual measurements.

Mostly looking for material thickness...channel depth and width on any of the commercially available Single tank adapters.
I got a major case of sticker shock today and did not want to fork over the $89.95 for something I am not to sure I will use to often. I thought it would be insulting plus I did not have the cahonees to whip out a tape measure in the LDS.
Thanks

BTW...I did purchase other things while I was there.

My DiveRite STA (Plastic) is 3 1/2 x 15 inches long and is 3/16 inch thick. I know that DiveRite is now cutting slots in their plates for the webbing and eliminating the STA altogether. I think aluminum would like nice. If you have someplace that sells aluminum stock you could toss a tank in the pickup and see if any of the preformed channels would fit, instead of trying to bend plate to the shape. I am pretty sure that a dive friend of mine used preformed stainless to fashion one for his Halcyon BP.

Making your own STA will probably be rewarding. I doubt you will save much money once you figure your time. Keep us posted on your effort...and savings.

DrDuktayp

Back
Top Bottom