Aluminum 80 Cost - Is this reasonable?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver_81:
go to Scubatoys or LP Because the big companies like Scubapro , Aqualung etc are after them to shut them down

Really? I think Larry at Scubatoys will be quite surprised to find that Scubapro is trying to shut him down. he's an authorized SP dealer, and in compliance with the terms of that he does not sell SP on the net. He does sell products online for which he is an authorized dealer & which the manufacturers allow online sales. I don't know if he sells Aqualung or not, but if he does he doesn't sell them online either.

Your claim sounds an aweful lot like flat out slander against someone who has done nothing to warrant it.

ok well if you are authorized to sell then that is fine but how can you by a product with out tring it or seeing it and cutting out your LDS? All you guys see is price not service or the work we do. Do you think about the cost of a TV or a hamburger when you buy it? People these days don't see value the just want it cheaper and cheaper and ther never happy.

*I'm* not an authorize anything. Don't work for an LDS, not Scubatoys nor anything remotely connected to the dive world. But I tend to prefer accuracy & have a strong distaste for flase claims laid against a business.

if SP or anyone is trying to shut down LP, they haven't done a good job of it, nor has there been any visible evidence of the effort.

Scubatoys is a real, B&M dive shop in TX, complete with people who teach diving, a pool to train & try gear on, etc. They are, in fact, authorized dealers for everything they sell, both online and OTC.

Now maybe you have a case of the *** about any online shop, but the reality is that some of them are in full & total compliance with the brands they sell. Making statements specific about a company that you clearly have no knowledge of that is an obvious attempt to scare someone away from them by implying that they are illegitimate, when in fact they are at least as legitimate as the shop you work for, seems to me to not only be in extreem poor taste, but possibly legally actionable if the owners were so inclined.

You don't know me from anyone, so please don't try to give me a ration of ****. I'm one of those one here who speak highly of my LDS & encourage people to deal with theirs. Unless it turns out to be a lousy one, then all bets are off.

Diver_81:
So next time you want a deal go to Scubatoys or LP Because the big companies like Scubapro , Aqualung etc are after them to shut them down

Most put LP and Scubatoys in distinctly different groups. You seem to be equating the two and suggesting that manufacturers/distributors who list Scubatoys as an authorized dealer are unhappy with Larry. Would you please expain or should we just assume this is a deceptive post from a less competetive LDS?

i am putting them in the same group b/c i have had people in my shop who have bought from eather of them online and that kills a LDS that is all i am sayng

ok guys here is that deal i was voiceing my veiw on the "online scuba dealers" i mean not to step on toes of people or companies but just to voice my veiws on them. And that is the end of my stand on my soapbox!

Cylinders are $109 each and fills are $5 at my LDS. I am still reeling from the $800 mask, fins, boots purchase! Wow! They weren't the Teal Quattros by chance were they?

Diver_81:
Ok first we don't over charge for anything the prices are set by the companies and that is what we sell them for.
Care to go on record with that statement? That's called "price fixing" and is illegal.

Roak

YES Please wake up from the mid-west hick viewpoint... You're using internet. The world has been changed and the market has been changed over time!

Diver_81:
ok guys here is that deal i was voiceing my veiw on the "online scuba dealers" i mean not to step on toes of people or companies but just to voice my veiws on them. And that is the end of my stand on my soapbox!

As much as I do support my LDS, I have a bit of an observation to make here:

If you truly feel so strongly about the internet killing your shop & are opposed to its use, I can make the very same arguement for this and other web sites.

By coming here to visit with other divers, you are taking business away from your local shops. You aren't down at the LDS or coffee shop visiting with local divers & giving the local shops your time & business. Every lost bit of business & activity has got to be hurting them, too.

Back
Top Bottom