Alum 40 02 Bottle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

most shops that I go to have boosters.

at home, I have couple of options.
Option 1 and preferred is using my PSA oxygen concentrator to get 95% O2 *balance argon, so deco's out like 100%*, and it has a compressor *not booster*, attached to it that gives me 2200psi and is slow enough that it's a cold fill.
Option 2 is the above goes into a storage bank and I use my Haskel to boost to whatever I need. Big AL80's especially hang much better at lower pressures, but sometimes you need a full fill.
Option 3 is less desirable and I try to only use it for my rebreather, but I do have "real" O2 in big T bottles that I can use. I try to avoid using it for OC stuff since I can generate my own, but it is available if I need it

I typically fill at home and have my own booster / supply of O2 so I almost always top my AL40 and 3L CCR cylinders off to ~3100psi/210bar. If I am getting an O2 fill from a dive shop then I "like" to have ~2900-3000psi but I'm not going to stress about if they can only transfill to 2200-2400psi. *Provided they are charging accordingly.

There are couple local dive shops that are not technical-oriented that will only transfill O2 since they do not have a booster. They just keep a cascade of T bottles for occasionally pp blending.

Personally I would not waste the effort to "top off" my O2 deco bottle with air to get 3000psi. My AL40 O2 bottle always contains O2 and is dedicated to that purpose. It should always have O2. I don't like second guessing what mystery deco mixes are in my cylinders.

2200psi/3000psix40 = ~29cu/ft of O2. If I need more than 20cu/ft of O2 / 25 minutes of O2 deco then I'd take a larger bottle or modify my dive plan accordingly.

SmartSelect_20190124-140758_MultiDeco.jpg

@rhwestfall ask and shall recieve

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20190124-140733_MultiDeco.jpg
    SmartSelect_20190124-140733_MultiDeco.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 88
so, a whopping 3 minutes delta..... :tired:

(BTW - that was a rhetorical question...)

So the real question is how much gas do you need....

All of it :rofl3:

I'll gladly stay the extra 3 minutes and pad my already cleared deco

D1EDA747-C11F-40B7-B463-4BC491F3D582.jpeg

I don’t see the need to top off bottles with air to get a full fill. Especially if you have dedicated bottles... If your dive requires more than your bottle is filled to, bring another bottle.... Sooner or later, you’ll end up with different size bottles for the same gas.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom