Alum 40 02 Bottle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jonny Wishbone

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
For those of you that use an Alum 40 for 02 stage or deco. When you get fills of 100% , what psi do get? Do you usually just get a trans fill from a large bottle or bank from your LDS to the 2000ish psi or does your LDS use a booster and get you to 3000 or are you good with 2000ish psi? I know that with anything less than 100% it can be topped off with 02 compatible air from their air bank to get you to 3000. Wanted an informal survey of what is happening out there.

Booster at home normally but sometimes I only need 1800-2000 so I don't bother boosting. The less I rebuild my booster the better.
Every competent "tech" shop I know and/or recommend has a booster in 2019.

On occasion one of my shops has had a problem with their booster and I've only been able to get around 2k. The shops I frequent are pretty reliable though and it's usually 3k.

yep..
Just playing with this calculator to see if you started with 2400 psi of 99% O2, and had access to 32% banked, what you could get....

This is about the best you could achieve as it crashes without adding a whole bunch more 02..

upload_2019-1-23_20-2-30.png

YMMV

here is if you hve 36% to top off...

upload_2019-1-23_20-9-48.png

bored, and just playing with this calculator.....

YMMV

now, what does this do to your accelerated deco?

Most shops that I get fills at have boosters so I usually get a consistent 3000ish. Like others have said, you very rarely needed that much but I liked it because I wouldn’t need to get it filled if I was doing multiple 90-130’ dives in a weekend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom