Transfill whip math

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’m moving gas from an HP100 to an AL19 pony. We’ll round the 19cf pony up to 20cf for simplicity. So I would expect that the HP100 would lose 20/100 or 20% of its volume of air when I transfer to the pony bottle which is 3000*.20 or 600 psi. So should expect the two cylinders to equalize at 2400 psi?

Just asking the HP 100 is steel tank ?

I top off my al19 from my hp100’s after every couple dives as I breath off it at my safety stop so I am familiar and know it is working correctly. Only time I drained it down to 300psi, it took a 3500 down to 3100.

so actually my question is you could transfer gas from a steel tank to an aluminium one ? It doesn't matter if it's steel or AL ? Just asking.

so actually my question is you could transfer gas from a steel tank to an aluminium one ? It doesn't matter if it's steel or AL ? Just asking.
Yes, as long as both tanks meet the O2 clean requirements of whatever gas you are transferring. The transfer hose should also be O2 clean.

Yes, as long as both tanks meet the O2 clean requirements of whatever gas you are transferring. The transfer hose should also be O2 clean.

ok thank you for the info ! I was not sure if it was safe.

Thank you

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom